Friday, January 02, 2009

So Long 2008

I guess I am done for this holiday season. Finished with today’s meal at the Shang hi, one of our favorite spots to eat in Salt Lake Valley. I have been wanting to get to the Shang Hi all holiday season. Going out for a couple of meals during the holidays has become a bit of a tradition—too bad but we have only managed one meal out and that meal was with Mark and his family. We really have not had time to visit with them this season so we set up lunch for today. Anakah had spent the night jumped at the chance of getting some cousin time in this case not only with Jasmine( who was in questionable humor) but also with Sommer, the fifteen year old. I really think if Anakah has a chance of a choice of younger or older kids she will always choose the older kids, the teenagers, the cool kids and Sommer has certainly moved into those ranks.

So now I am ready to face 2009. The only remnants of the season is row of Christmas and holiday cards lining our hallway and I will take those down either tonight or tomorrow and slip the cards and their envelops into an appropriately marked folder and place them in a file drawer until November and that’s it. We really never have decorated much for the holidays for a number of reasons, mostly due to lack of space but the kids were never round much over the season so why bother, we were both working and we never had the time or the energy to decorate for our selves. Too bad, I kinda of miss the transformation to and away from Christmas, and really the only reason we so what we do now Anakah. I know she thinks it criminal that we do not have a “real’ Christmas tree. I am sure in a few years she will drag one in like a “care package” when we are too old and feeble to fight off her need to see us celebrate the holiday as she thinks we need to celebrate it.

Anakah took off with Mark a and her cousins after the meal leaving Dianne and I to return to an empty, quiet house. Dianne took a nap and messed round on the computer and listed to the storm come in. I don’t know when I will be able to post this offering maybe not until tomorrow. So long 2008 and 2008 holiday season it was nice.

2 comments:

Camelia said...

What?! You didn't eat at the hospital cafeteria??? I think I almost ate my first meal of 2009 at the hospital cafeteria, but for entirely different reasons than you - ha ha.... party raving overdose. Anyway, I officially posted 2 blogs last night in order to provide you an update. Happy New Year!

Camelia said...

yes!! I was officially the 600 viewer on your blog. And ya - the cliff diving was scary....! Happy New Year to you also!