Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Blue Mouse?



Last week I had my monthly 211 advisory board meeting at the 257 building in downtown Salt Lake. As usual I went a couple hours early just to make sure I got there on time but in truth I like to just knock around downtown to see what I can see. This day I dropped in on this little coffee shop directly to the block from my building. The coffee shop itself is located in the cluster of artsy shops which I have enjoyed over the years. I got to thinking as I enjoyed my coffee waiting for my meeting there used to be an interesting little theater in this area. The theater itself is called the Blue Mouse, a quaint small independent theater screening artsy films. I may be wrong but it seemed the theater itself was down flight stairs. I seem to remember being carried down the stairs at least once many twice – – it was a spooky ordeal in all manners of the word, spooky. I want to see how much of the theater remained . The blue mouse had been located at 260 E. 100 S. the blue mouse of course, is gone but remains gloomy blew away.

The exterior of the theater was still recognizable if you knew what to look for. The front had been redone modernized to a fair degree. The remodel totally blended in to make the place almost invisible to someone who was not looking for it. I was amazed. I sat there and just stared wondering if the screen was still there, the restrooms just, what was it like on the inside now. Then I begin to notice the images that were stuck in the Windows. It took me a moment to focus to realize the nondescript messaging was kind of frightening. There is a line of images, silhouettes of soldiers under which were the words GLOBAL WARFIGHTER SUPPO, I'm sure suppo was support. Whatever this place was it was an international support operation who knows what on a global scale. I probably do some pretty stupid, but I so intrigued with the message that I took images of the signage. I'm totally convinced the whole area is surveillanced – – I saw a number of cameras tucked away so I'm sure they have my image somewhere now. If I were to come back after twice then I'm sure interest to be peaked but now even now I would not be surprised to get a knock on the door to ask what I was doing there.


When I got home that evening I took some of the imaging or references off the image that I posted with this blog posting and ran through just Google and I was blown away, if I had hair in my head it would have been standing and I didn't even go to some of the references that came up who knows could be tracking my keystrokes?

No comments: