Saturday, August 02, 2014

SATURDAY'S make me feel like I can do anything

Blog 080 214 – – Saturday

It’s August the last month of summer, I need to get going on the projects I want to finish by summer’s end or they not going to get done. Of course the big project now facing me is modifying my recently purchased weight machine so that I can use it. I also would like to be able to use my rickshaw and even do a little work in my woodshop before the snow flies and the temperature drops so low I cannot stay in the garage to work. I do hold hope that enough of the garage will be cleared so that I will be able to access my tools and wood. In fact today I’m considering going out to the garage and moving some stuff around and getting to some of my Woodstock and trying to make some hooks or maybe Work on some hooks. I noticed when I was in the garage yesterday that I did have some pieces that looked as if they just needed a little rehabilitation. This would be fun and somewhat rewarding. I even thought about getting some blanks and retrieving my saw in a wheelbarrow system and cutting some wood down to the right dimensions.

About a year ago when I really began slipping into retirement I toyed with the idea of getting a contractors quality saw system. You know the kind that’s in a sturdy set up, on wheels easily maneuvered and safer than what I’m using currently. The garage is not cleaned out, at the time, and I just did not want to acquire another piece of equipment that I could not use I don’t know if my little heart could just take that then. Now however I am open to revisiting the option of a contractors grade table saw, easily movable and safe or safer for me to use than my little Sears saw in a wheelbarrow. Gosh I just hate acquiring more junk and stuff that will have to be given away at my demise. But if I can keep enough interest and hope that I can once again work in my wood shop I think I would be willing to make the leap. This will probably cause me to spend endless hours wandering around KSL.com to see what might be there rather than just going to Sears or Home Depot and acquiring the equipment. I drive myself crazy I really do. But it’s Saturday and I love Saturdays, Saturday make me feel I can do anything at least in the morning. OH OH I better get going it’s after 12 o’clock!

No comments: