Wednesday, August 13, 2014

System Modification





The UCAT boys came out today to modify the weight machine I purchased a couple months ago. It took me a while to get the event set up especially since the machines outside under a tarp and they really don't have a place to put the machine once I do get it modified. I had to at least begin the modification or don't think I would ever get it done. I tend to get things and then just sit on once I get them and not really use them the way I wanted to. I do not know what this means but I'm trying to change this behavior and hence the boys from UCAT. I was worried that the weather would not hold, and the temperatures been lower last couple days overcast and thunder and lightning in the afternoons. It would not surprise me to have had a full scale downpour during the process.

Have admit I was nervous I did not know how this is going to go, I think I actually went out to the garage opened the garage up and played the like I was doing stuff and being productive– – so I would look productive to anyone driving up. The meeting was at 2 PM and I was getting concerned at 2:15 PM and no one had shown up yet. Shortly thereafter Kevin Christiansen pulled up and came over and I showed him what we were working with he seemed okay it's greatly set me to rest. Mr. Christiansen is an occupational therapist by training and his new into the job for what he lacks in experience he makes up with enthusiasm. It was not long after that a second individual showed up, I wish I could remember his name but for the life of me I cannot. He was a recreational therapist for training and it spent a good portion of his career in Utah County at the training center there, I feel a nefarious project which my last boss had valiantly tried to shut down. Of course the RT( recreational therapist) had just the opposite feelings that my boss had had which made for a bit of an awkward moment. Luckily, we had worked with each other when I managed Access Utah Network, as well as chaired the A T Council. We have good memories and sometimes that's all it takes to get past the awkward moment.


It took a moment or two but we removed the seat from the bench press section of the weight machine and I had them assemble the machine that we had taken apart in order to move the device to the house. One of the most exciting aspects of the afternoon was finding I did not have to do the special modification I was thinking to get the machine to mimic a rowing machine as well as a chest press. I will be able to do all these and perhaps other exercises I'm not aware of yet. The rain held off and the conversation was constant in the labor was free. I felt a little sad is recovered the machine with the tarps once the project was complete. I now must find a place where I can put the machine so I can begin to use it and reap the benefits of a healthy workout.

No comments: