Wednesday, August 20, 2014

SUMMER'S END



The rains came last night with a vengeance are more accurately early this morning I was awakened by huge claps of thunder and what seemed a downpour of extended time outside my window. The only reason I bring this up is that it's August, usually a time of the summer of extreme heat and dry conditions. There is usually at least one major fire going on if not more taking all kinds of state resources to battle. Not this season not this year. This morning I went outside as soon as I got my cutoffs on and was surprised how cool the morning felt and how much the air smelled like Fall. I was kind of surprised as I keep an eye on the extended forecast and it sort of said, before this morning's storm the temperatures would be in the 90s and dry.. However,, this morning I looked at the extended forecast and it looks like we'll be lucky to get out of the the 70s as far as temperatures go. This is like late September. I'm sure things will dry out and will get warmer temps before winter sets in who knows?

I was pleasantly surprised yesterday when I came home from my day in the city and my Assist meeting to find Dianne getting ready to install a brand-new faucet on my sink. Dianne is incredibly brave to take a challenge on liked installation of a sink faucet. However I've learned, Dianne can do incredible things when she puts her mind to it. However it was just not to be last night. Too many things got in the way. This morning I suggested we find a professional for the job. We have the funding for such an operation, even though the expense sometimes, but really why not? We need to get the job done, we need to establish a relationship with a professional we can trust and call on when we did this come stuff taken care. I'm tired of putting the touch on neighbors, family and acquaintances to help me out these kinds of circumstances. I know, I'm taking the “blessings” from someone in my immediate circle who could use them. I guess I'm getting old I don't have the time or the patience to get the job done for free.


So it seems the seasons are changing earlier this year, my days of wearing shorts this year maybe at an end. Yesterday I got caught in the rain and the wind and I was cold and I wished that I had my hoodie. As I was dashing out of the house Dianne gave me a blanket or something which worked pretty good when I was in the rain waiting for the bus or traveling for my meeting to the library and back again. The point is I needed more than what I was wearing the point is the summer is rapidly coming to a close which means I need to start considering my winter clothes.

No comments: