Sunday, August 17, 2014

The Way It Is



The hot days are back again at least for a short while. It's the backside of August and I can feel the summer wrapping up, it makes me sad. I have loved is summer even though I have not been able to do as much as I would've liked. I can always hope for next summer. Next summer I hope to access my shop in the garage. I want to make hooks even if I cannot get to my lathes I would be happy to just vice the lead up and file the edges down and sand from there then twist the hooks.

I have not yet been able to use my modified home gym. Hopefully this week I can access the device and incorporate it into my daily life. I hope it will be the benefit I expect it to be. It just takes so long to get things squared away when you have to rely on other people. If the home gym is anywhere as beneficial as the rickshaw has been I know I will be pleased. Now it's just a matter of getting the gym to a place or I can use it when I want to, on my own time.

This summer is really the first summer of my retirement where I really have not been working one way or the other. I'm still involved in a little volunteer work but not like last year or year before. I'm finding it difficult to fill up my time, all the time that I have now. This is my fault and I have to better marshal myself to do the things I want to do. I'm not really staying up late but I'm sleeping in more than I have ever slept in before. I find myself getting up about 7 AM and that's not too bad I guess for being retired it just seems like I should be doing more or getting up earlier. But maybe this is what retirement is all about sleeping in and not taking yourself so seriously.


This summer has been my Red Box summer. I've never rented as many movies as I have this summer. Some movies have been good, some have been bad but all in all it is been fun going up to the red box everyday last couple weeks. I've actually been getting two movies a night, and that's just too much. I have to be doing more with what time I have. I don't know what I would do different if I could do anything different in my retirement. Every time I think I could be doing another job, you know just a part-time job I stop and remember that one of the reasons I took early retirement was because my body was begin to fail, cannot tolerate being up all the time like I was. Plus I don't want to have to deal with bosses and stress that work so often breeds. So I must resign myself to retirement, to being home and trying to make the most of it. It's just the way it is .

No comments: