Friday, August 29, 2014

Challenges All Dy Long


Yesterday was a strange day all the way around. Forget the fact that I felt immensely sleep deprived from some sleep issues I've been struggling with this last week. So I was moving slowly and glad to have a day I would be able to stay home all day and work on projects around the house. But I was feeling grainy that's for sure. Dianne was called out to help Bridget with tending Asher choose one which left me home alone. I spent the morning blogging and getting dressed and heading out to the garden. I looked at the plants and spent a little time watering.

The path to the garden has me go around the north end of the house concrete path that conveniently sets in the shade of the garage. After I had looked at the vegetables I parked in the shade tilted back in my chair and was going to work with on my tablet for a while dictating some emails and possibly a letter two and as I was sitting there I noticed my power chairs control box just went dead. This was a bit disconcerting especially as I try to reactivate the controller(keep in mind the controller box operates the entire power chair, with the controller in-operable I am and in-operable). I have to admit I was not panicking at this point and usually I am, I have full charge on my tablet, a full charge on my cell phone which is also within easy access and I just drained my bladder so I is good for four hours at least. I knew pretty comfortably that I could ride out whatever I needed to. So, it is of interest I did call Alpine medical which is useless but it was a step that I went through just to say that I had turned all the stones I needed. Oddly enough in about 30 minutes the problem corrected itself, the chairs control box came back on and has worked great ever since.

Later in the afternoon I went next door and visited with my good friends Albert and Lenae, they were on their way out to do some business in their blue pickup truck. Went back to the house and was going to sit on the deck under the shade and again work on emails and letters for a while. I did this for a while tilted back in my chair. In order to read the screen on my tablet, I have found I need to often take my glasses off and I usually just raise them up on my four head are the top of my head and read this is okay in a sitting position but tilted back is another issue and often my glasses just fall off the back of my head which they did yesterday afternoon. I heard them hit the deck did not think too much of it and finished my reading and then was careful to advance my chair forward making sure I missed the specs. Train around I could not find them anywhere I looked high and low and then I realized most likely the glasses hit the deck and sprung off into the ground on the side of the ramp which is covered in debris leaves natural stuff make it very difficult for aged weak eyes to find stuff but I looked and I looked but could not find the glasses anywhere. Again I waited and I waited and finally Dan, my neighbor across the street who I called over on his return from work. Dan came over and with his younger eyes was able to spot the glasses, underneath the deck a ramp problem solved. But these two challenges wore me out this indeed was a long day.



No comments: