Friday, August 08, 2014

What Now Charlie Brown ?!!



I am such a Charlie Brown I live with you during hope that things are going to get better and for the most part that is what happens it's been proven to me time and time again. I live in perpetual hope. However more and more lately I feel like Charlie Brown and life is Lucy getting ready to pull the football away as I approached once again in the belief that I will kick the ball to success. This is a picture of my garage / workshop. Believe it or not this is the most organized this area has been for a couple of years. I am excited. I have the belief / hope I will soon again be  making  hooks in my garage. Dianne has been working very hard clean out the garage and make space for me in my projects. You can see I still have a great distance to travel before I will have real working space in the garage. But for now I can actually access parts of my workbench I need to to make hooks. I still need to access my table saw so I can rip some pieces of wood down to accessible acceptable hook sizes. I am even considering getting a newer if not a new table saw which would be a great deal safer then the table saw I own now. The tool  I currently use is a small 10 inch saw from Sears which I have placed in a wheel barrel, which puts the machine  low enough that I can access it from my power chair wheelchair for that matter. The main drawback is the whole set up is just not very safe.

In fact I really don't even need a power saw, I have a straight back bamboo saw that I really love to use except I couldn't really rip wood which I need to do to get the blanks I need to process into sticks that I eventually twist the hooks into. And I could  use the power to work my palm  sander but I could get by with just sand paper which would be pretty good cardio for me anyway. The biggest desire I have it's not access the hand tools or power tools but just having access to my work area, my beloved work area.. A place where I could go to be on my own make a little sawdust and a hook which makes me feel I have changed something in the world a little bit that day. But it looks like I wandered from the topic sentence again. What I want to end this post with is me taking a deep breath running towards Lucy and praying she does not pull the  ball back at the last minute and once again has me falling completely on my back.

No comments: