Friday, November 10, 2023

About shirts and coffee



 I would really like to be able to order things like clothes over the internet really use Amazon and other entities which seem to sell clothing at a much reduced rate than even like Walmart and such. My problem is I have severe buyer's remorse the second that I make the order knowing that whatever I order I'll not like but at the same time feel powerless to send stuff back because the process seems too complicated for me. I know that sounds totally strange but it's true. Then of course I just sort of exit the page and don't order anything and my clothes become more and more ragamuffin and I just look like a role in Hobo Wherever I Go. I was going over this the other day with my home health professional, Melissa, and she listened to me and indicated that she would have no problem spending my money on clothes. I wasn't sure how I felt about that and I actually identified four or five shirts that I would be interested in owning if I knew that everything would be just fine and let it at that. I was taking it back however when I was checking my bank account and saw a reduction at just about the same price the clothes would have been. I then checked my sales history and sure enough Melissa had ordered the shirts. They came yesterday in the mail from the Big Brown Truck who just leaves the stuff by my door. They used to knock but not anymore I just opened the door and if I'm lucky I'll see it before I run over it. I ran over at this time. By the time I finally got the bag out from underneath my wheels it had been pushed over to the far corner of the apartment which I just left there.


That was Wednesday morning/ afternoon and it's been there since. So the first thing I did when Melissa showed up for my program this morning just to have her grab the package and open it and sure enough it was the shirts. They're those flimsy cheap shirts that come from the third world countries I'm sure. One of the shirts was a 4X which I had forgotten I ordered. It's a big honking shirt certainly fits me. If I have a complaint about the shirt it's the neck it's not the shirts fault maybe my neck isn't a Forex neck just a 3X. I think the other shirts are 3x 3xls actually. I worn the 4X all day and even though it hangs on me hugely I like it. Maybe just maybe they'll shrink a little bit come wash day.


Tomorrow of course is Saturday morning that's when I meet one of the people here and sometimes other folks at the coffee shop across the street. We usually meet around 9:30 have a cup of Joe and gossip a little bit but that's it. Well it struck me today that tomorrow is Veterans Day and from my experience that places always closed on holiday weekends. I was so unsure that I actually rolled over there after dinner tonight but there was no signs on the windows or on the door or anything so I don't know. I think what I will do is call them as soon as I am awake they're supposedly open at 6:00 a.m. and if they answer the phone that means they're open if they don't well it's Veteran's Day. I guess the reason I'm making such a big deal out of the whole thing is that this is the same outfit that closes on Sunday morning the time that I think every coffee shop should be open but what do I know …

No comments: