Wednesday, November 01, 2023

Orange juice with pulp

 I am really getting into drinking orange juice. It's not automatic yet but I want to get to that point where I'm ingesting like 8 oz at least of orange juice a day I can't hurt. I purchase orange juice off and on and since the refrigerator for a while then I drink it and I always wonder why you don't drink this more? I really like the flavor and I really like Pulp into orange juice. I don't know why I just seems more substantial- - sort of like eating the crushed Tomatoes I have every morning with my drink. The little chunks of tomato just add a lot and that's kind of a new Concept for me as well. I can't believe I've gone this far without enjoying crushed tomatoes or diced tomatoes. I almost enjoy them as much as regular Tomatoes I cut up to put into the drink but that's another discussion.


I think I've let the cost of the beverage of orange juice get in the way of my enjoyment of the liquid as well as any possible help benefits the beverage might be. I don't think it's as significant as I've been led to believe over the years but I do believe it certainly increases my acidic intake and whether it does anything for keeping myself free of colds and other winter like illnesses I'm sure it certainly assists to some degree as far as making a hostile environment for urinary bacteria to grow in. That's the best justification, if I need it justification, to purchase the beverage. The other roadblock that I self-imposed was the cost of the orange juice. And to some degree the size of the package. I want to get at least a gallon when I purchase the juice these days. I'm finding I can keep feeling a smaller quart size container over and over again making it much easier for me to access the drink which will increase the probability that I'll continue drinking this acidic Beverage daily. I'm sort of surprised that if I do buy say a gallon of the orange juice that seems to last maybe a week it's not like I drink at 2 or 3 times a day maybe once in the morning when I get up and take my meds and maybe a shot before I go to bed. Maybe I would ingest more of the fluid if I had the opportunity and it certainly couldn't hurt me and even if the beverage costs six or seven dollars a gallon it's probably money well spent. The biggest issue for me then is dragging the bottle home from the market especially if I've got other items I'm bringing home as well. Seems like a lot of the things I'm purchasing these days are bulky and heavy and heavy on the liquid side. This is particularly true of the sliced jalapeno peppers. I like to buy three to four cans at a time which makes quite a heavy burden to transport in my power chair even if I don't buy anything else. If I add to the purchases it gets really dicey. I really need to get someone to go to the same Market that I do at the same time that I go to so they can help bring the items back. And of course the best solution would be to get myself involved in a home delivery program from the market. I've certainly drug my feet on that project long enough maybe it's time to change before the weather turns bad real bad….

No comments: