Tuesday, November 28, 2023

I suffer

 I think I'm doomed to exist in bad poorly built power chairs for the rest of my life. I may be overreacting a little bit but this is the second day in my backup chair, which I am pleased to punch to have, but is really unworthy and unreliable I think. I I can't really use the chair outside of my apartment or maybe the local community to some degree but for things like getting on and off the bus and finally it's just too difficult with the poor motor that it has on the left side. The motor for some reason will not power up enough to power the wheel and so everything pushes to the left and takes me forever to try to get my chair situated in the wheelchair tie downs that people in chairs must deal with when riding the bus. To make matters worse I was kind of hoping that my technician guy was going to be here today at 9:00 a.m. this morning. We set it up yesterday when he couldn't make it yesterday and of course he didn't show. I wasn't too surprised and by that time I had called the office and told them I wasn't coming in for today's meeting and they seemed okay with that but still I hate looking like a flake and I hate when my equipment makes me look like a flake. He finally called this evening about 5:30 to let me know that he had forgotten me earlier in the morning. Now we're set up again I think for Thursday morning sometime after my coffee break or coffee Club. The sad part is that even if he does show up I don't think there's going to be a whole lot he's going to be able to do. I think it's going to be one of those situations where they take my chair in to the shop and then return it when it's repaired.


The power chair has been sitting in my bedroom all day. It's out of the way so it's no problem for me getting around but what's odd is how functional it looks I've tried to push it here and there see if I can make the seat come precariously loose like it did the other day but it doesn't seem to do that now I will have to maybe have my person put me in seat tomorrow to see if it messes up on me. I would hate to have her put me in a chair only to have to have her come back and pull me out and put me back in my backup chair. It's so frustrating. I really actually like this backup chair that I'm in if only the foot box was a little bit bigger and that motor was repaired or replaced. I don't think they'll repair or replace just one motor I think it's like tires you have to replace both of them to do it right. However I think if I get the other chair functional again, which I will, I'm going to dump some money into this chair at least get that motor Replaced so I don't have to suffer so much. I'm pretty pathetic at how much I suffer

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The only flake is your wheelchair technician. You need to find a different one or reach out to one of the organizations that you have been involved with for so many years for help. It is ridiculous that your technician keeps forgetting you, when you have arranged times for him to come out and service your chairs.