Saturday, November 11, 2023

Super Saturday night






 It's been kind of a weird Veterans Day for sure not necessarily bad but just kind of strange. Of course the coffee shop was not open this morning but I wasn't sure because there was no sign on the window and there was no messages on the answering machine. In fact the only message on the answering machine was management telling the public that Hidden Peaks would not be open on Labor Day. Which made me thought well if they didn't say they weren't going to be open maybe they would be open- - if that makes any sense at all. So my friend Janet who lives upstairs and who I usually have coffee with on Saturday morning and other folks who want to join us invited me upstairs where she made coffee we were able to visit up there for a while gossip about folks here at the building and other places. After that I pretty much hung out at the apartment except for a quick trip over to the market to pick up a few things to get through the weekend OJ, cookies and candy bars for next week for my staff. Other than that I pretty much watched movies for the day which was fun. However, in the evening I started cleaning up a little bit maybe I feel guilty for watching too many Netflix movies today. I started out by sweeping the floor in the kitchen or trying to I'd gotten a quite messed up the last couple days in fact tonight I dumped a can of pickled jalapeno peppers on my lap very few actually escaped but the juice slopped over and that was all over the floor the floor was dirty already so that mixed with the dirt so it was really gummy dirt so I actually swept up the floor and then I dug out the Swifter and went over the floor with it it kind of made me feel like I was cleaning up the kitchen it looks a little bit better at least on the floor I did clean some junk off the table but the table still looks a mess. I took some time and chopped up cucumbers and celery and added them with the can of peppers to the big pot of vegetables that I keep in the refrigerator now soaked in the juice from the pickled peppers I try not to but I think I almost go through a can of pickled peppers A can a day if not every two days. I actually tried to move stuff around on the countertop and tried to clean off the countertops a little bit especially where I do most of my work next to the refrigerator that gets to be really messy. Made me think back on Saturday nights when I remember my mom would mop the floors in the kitchen another area of the house in the old days. He knew it was Saturday night mom is prepping for Sunday. I don't think that's why I do it I'm just trying to keep away or ahead of the entropy. I think I have to acknowledge the fact that I'm 72 and that I never was a good housekeeper to begin with and now it's getting even harder for me to keep even assemblance of order to some of the areas of the apartment. Physically demanding and I cannot keep up with it. I will have to once again seriously start looking at finding someone who can come in and do some cleaning. I was helping my one home health person would continue to do some a little bit but that's pretty happy hit and miss. I can think of better ways to spend Saturday night but probably not as productive….

No comments: