Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Pecan pie day

 



It's quite funny how a day begins when you think you pretty much know how the day is going to go and all the sudden one thing happens and everything changes. That's kind of Tina what happened today this day before Thanksgiving. Of course it's Wednesday which means it's my day for a program and shower and in the midst of that this operation I mentioned that had not heard from my previous Home Health person G for some time and I was hoping that she's okay. Melissa who is my current Home health person indicated that she would give her a text message just to see what's going on and she did and to my surprise Gloria shows up about 2:00 this afternoon!


I have to admit things about getting a little out of hand at the old apartment lately. I haven't really done any real upkeep aside from just the day-to-day survivable shelf space here or tablespace there to just do the essentials. There's been no cleaning to speak of. My Melissa just does so much and I am pleased with what she does and haven't really pressed her to do any housekeeping for say. She does the occasional sweeping and some mopping on the floors periodically but that's just about it. And she will do anything I ask her to actually anything from meal prep to washing my clothes or at least starting the wash we're having to leave then I can finish it up without having to do a lot of the lifting that I usually do when I have to wash myself. So having Gloria come, who was aghast at disarray throughout the apartment. But she went to work I have to bet she was a bit Tanked and I offered her a little incentive as well with one of my frozen margaritas in the freezer. But she did more than she usually does which is basically just the kitchen she worked in the bedroom and just a little bit in the bathroom. If I could catch her with as much as zealous as she had today we could do the whole apartment but as it is I'm pleased with what we were able to get done and make me feel that I'm ready for the holiday whichever comes. In fact Gloria went so far as to forward together the green bean casserole. I was a little bummed out because I couldn't find any yams or sweet potatoes to put together the candied yams but I guess I have to get by with what I have. She left I gave her addition amount of money to fuel her Thanksgiving Day holiday whether it's hard booze or cigarettes or both to some degree you can only do so much with $40 especially with $10 of that being in quarters for her wash.


As I mentioned I was totally out of sweet potatoes so I was thinking that why don't I just knock on a few doors in my apartment complex and see if anybody had a can that they could spare I didn't need a lot just enough for a taste. Anyway just as I was leaving my door my next door neighbor across the hall was pushing a small with a carton of ice cream and a number of pecan pies pieces on little plates she's going around offering them to people for Thanksgiving! Long story short I got a great piece of pie and ice cream and when I asked her if she had any yeah those are sweet potatoes she came across the cab the sweet potatoes. I don't know if I'll have the energy tomorrow to put together a sweet potato casserole but you never know I certainly have enough for my own Thanksgiving dinner Come What May. The only thing I don't have is a pumpkin pie piece and you never know what will happen in the day's time….

No comments: