Tuesday, November 07, 2023

Just waiting

It's not like I knew it wasn't going to be cold. I listen to the weather forecast as well as all the alerts on the different weather platforms on the internet. It rained today but not really enough to cause me any discomfort. When I was out on the bus line and whatever it was just at the most sprinkling. Later on this evening has rained more but luckily I'm inside so it's not a big deal. But being out in the community was cold there's no question about it, not super cold, but I wore my big red jacket just the same I figured that if it did start doing like buckets of water I'd be okay. The red jacket isn't so hobo-ish but it's warm and easy for me to get into especially when I'm in my chair. So the sun didn't really shine today it was cloudy and for temperatures not getting bigger than 45 or so it really did feel cold and not just because I was wearing shorts. Today I wore shorts, shoes of course, a hobo shirt and one of my black watch caps. It wasn't totally uncomfortable but uncomfortable enough that for the better reason I would have stayed home from like obligation at assist. It was uncomfortably chilly waiting for the bus to take me to the train then waiting at the train for 13 minutes for the next Red line and it was uncomfortable. I need to invest in some gloves again it only get a nice pair that will keep my hands warm. It just struck me that my dad's hands are always cold in the winter time and he was about my age when I first started noticing this. I had a good pair of gloves once but they disappeared like everything I have I lose. But maybe I'll give it one more shot I don't want something that's so small are stretchy that's hard for me to get my hands into. A good pair of gloves does help me get by traveling on the streets during the cold and rainy day.



I've been struggling with my chair yes the one I just got back from the shop, for a couple of days now the left side has lost its ability to lock itself down so the arm always races up when I try to push myself back in my chair. It's a real pain and I don't know really how to fix it from having somebody from the. Remember yesterday I gave you the idea that the technician from my wheelchair shop would be by around 4:00 to fix it the chair, the arm on my left side. Well of course I really didn't have any place else to be at 4:00 so I was at home and nobody seemed to care that I was at home so I was just wondering around the house grabbing something to snack on. So I was home at 4:00 and at 5:00 and so forth and so on and no show from my mechanic. My arm has gotten so bad that is worn me out just trying to keep myself locked into Chair by wrapping my arm around it and holding on. It's a pretty easy fix right now if you would just get here. So I didn't see him tonight and the way you talked when I tried to make the appointment the other day was that he was booked for the rest of the week so I don't know if that means I'm not going to get it fixed until sometime next week I did have an appointment for tomorrow at the ucat but stupid me called in canceled so sure that I was that Allen would be here today. I'm just going to get by not worry about it anymore than I have to really, isn't that all I can do.....? 

No comments: