Thursday, November 02, 2023

Date remembered

 I'd like to think I'm a tough guy that I'm not a real sentimental dork head but every once in a while I get to think that I probably am a bigger dork head than I'd like to admit. Even though it's decades in the past and it's separated by divorce and even more time and two more marriages I always have to pause on the second day of November when I got married for the first time. Of course that marriage did not last and the only reason I would do it again would be if I could get the same kids out of it that I got the first time around. Truth of the matter is I probably shouldn't have gotten married way back then I think 1974 in the good old days going to college. The school I went to was a college then only changing to a university later. The other participant in the marriage as long since left this world passing on a few years ago. I doubt that she would have had any sentimentals attachments to the day. She was much more fixed in reality than I was or could I should I say the Practical nature of living than I was. But still those first few years was somewhat idyllic college Years. The whips and scorns of real life had not yet occurred. We were living off my Social Security / school money and she living off the 1st of her student loans- - back in the old days. We were even living on my parents Farm are the place where I grew up at in South Boise. Hardly any rent at all like I said idyllic in the old days before the whips and scorns of real life. Like I said I'm not very sentimental but I must give pause to the second of November.


It's kind of crazy how easy it is to get married I don't know about now but back then it was just making the decision that's what we are going to do and then off to records to get the marriage license then set the whole thing up. Couple friends showed up for best best man and the maids. An old religious instructor actually said the words( and he should have known better he should have talked us out of it he knew that we were an unlikely match I know that but he didn't). I could scream conspiracy but that wouldn't hold much water either actually it's just bad judgment and if I didn't have two of the best kids in the universe I would say it was a big mistake all the way around but it wasn't I got the two kids which also means the grandkids and many other challenges along with those blessings that goes with families. Like I said there are other marriages along the way but I don't think I really remember the dates of those as much as I do the one on November 2nd whatever year that might have been…

No comments: