Friday, November 24, 2023

Adult lunch




It was almost 7:00 before I got up this morning that rarely happens. I didn't sleep all those hours that's for sure but I didn't realize the time was getting away with me as fast as it was. I must have dozed off a little bit after I saw the clock reading at about 5:45 a.m. and the next thing I knew it was 7:00 a.m. but I was able to get up and get most of the stuff done before my home health person got here. Kind of excited for the day my ex is in town and we're planning to go to lunch. Of course that means public transit for me and the bus system all seem to be messed up because they were running on but they call the Holiday system and times are all a little bit different. I ended up having to call the agency because none of the internet bus system times seem to be operating.


I was dressed in red for the most part today except for my shorts with your black but I'm wearing the red sweatshirt my granddaughter gave me a Thanksgiving and then I had my red leg blanket( that garment I wear around my legs in the winter time) which was red I was Mr color today which is so different than my regular Grays and blacks which I tend to like to wear. I was a little bit late to the meeting after all I am writing public transit and there's a lot of waiting that goes on but by just a few minutes maybe 10 or 15. Diane, my ex was with one of my old best friends for my working days Amy where Diane is staying. We made it this French type restaurant Bakery. You know those fancy Dancy joints that a lot of women like to go to has a lot of cute little Bakery things and coffee and tea and all kinds of upper middle class weird things. They do have a good menu I was surprised I was able to get a half a sandwich that sandwich with sauerkraut and stuff on it and corned beef plus a bowl of soup which I can't remember what kind it was right now just the kind of got the cheese in it and some kind of broth onion French onion soup. I always forget how difficult it is to eat french onion soup especially with a a spoon that's pretty small even if it's a soup spoon if it's not large enough it's hard to Corral all that cheese floating on the top of the soup. Diane paid for lunch I was going to but she paid for it anyway which is okay with me I'm not proud. But we had a long talk it was good we must have spent two hours there before he finally broke up and went home. I think I kind of overdressed for the event as far as blankets and hoods that I had wrapped around my shoulders for warmth and such. It was fun to sit and visit and go over some of the old things from the old days since we all seem to use to work with the same people. Diane's not in town long should we headed back to Arizona in a day or so and we'll all get on with our lives but it was so great to have some time and go out to a restaurant and visit with friends like real people do…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was delightful to see you and talk for hours. You're still sharp and energized, and you looked great in your RED Sweatshirt. Hair cut was superb. You seemed happy and it's great you're participating in so many things. These places sure need you raising a little trouble.

Sad to hear of ongoing equipment problems. I swear, I'd get them if I could. Shame on them.

I enjoyed my french onion soup in a sourdough bread bowl. Not quite as great as the browned cheese covering the top of a ceramic bowl, but I surely enjoyed it.

The company was the BEST!