Monday, November 27, 2023

Questionable





Yep you're correct that's my power chair the one that I just got back from the shop about 2 or 3 weeks ago and once again I'm not in it. I don't know what happened but this morning when I got up and got into my chair as okay for a few minutes then something happened and something shifted in my chair and I went almost to one complete side like tilted over to the right side. I didn't fall out of my chair or anything- - though I think that I probably could have- - but I was totally uncomfortable and had to deal with that uncomfort until my home health person got here about 2 hours later. She got me in my sling Lifted Me Out of the chair and we tried to find out what was wrong but that was a no use it did straighten itself back out once I got out of the chair and my home health person sat in the chair and sort of straighten it back out again but I don't know what happened but it's totally frustrating. I spent all day putting calls into my technician who finally called me at the end of The Working Day which meant that he wasn't coming out to look at the chair today. We finally decided on tomorrow at 9:00 a.m. which I don't think is going to help me very much even if he can somehow put a fix on the chair. I have a 11:30 a.m. meeting tomorrow morning I doubt I'm going to be able to make it because all I've got is my backup chair and now it's having issues but I don't really dare take it out if I can help it. I think I'm losing the motor on the left hand side cuz I can't barely get the chair to turn to the left side. I'm afraid I'm going to have to have the chair shipped back into it shop and have them do some work on it. I don't know how long that will take I hope it will not be weeks like the last time. I'm past the point of being angry, or getting angry or yelling at my technician or the people at the office or whatever because obviously this chair is going to be my challenge for the rest of its duration. I know I still have a couple years to go before I'm eligible for another chair and just leaves me frustrated.


It's the December cold snap a group of days when the temperature doesn't get above freezing and it's really not enjoyable and probably even dangerous to go outside for any significant amount of time especially with the chair that's not dependable. Hopefully, I will have my main chair repaired by Thursday when I have total Nail clipping appointment a few miles away that I can take the bus to. I think if I had to go to the podiatrist with my backup chair I could actually make it but would be a little uncomfortable. Hopefully we'll have decent weather for the next couple of days just cold. Possible snow at the end of the week but I'll stay in during that point in time right now I'm just thankful to have two chairs even if one is kind of questionable- - well they're both kind of questionable.. 

No comments: