Wednesday, January 02, 2019

Beginnings




I love waking up so excited I can't get back to sleep and want to start my day.
Do you believe there is such a concept called anxiety of hope? I do. This morning I woke up around 4 AM. I readjust myself I'm a back to sleep till about 5:30 AM and then just laid there thinking about today, Wednesday the second day of this year and how excited I was to be here, in bed, warm as toast and just waiting to get up. My battery was not finished charging when I first woke up it was blinking quickly from orange which is “charge” to green which is “charged”. By the speed of the charge I knew it would not be much longer before the charging cycle was complete. I just laid there out of all the things I might be able to accomplish this year. And I was filled with excitement.

I really don't want to come off all Pollyanna but I really felt things were going to be good. I've gotten such good feedback on my burros of the apocalypse I want to explore whether options I might be able to mop with. I know of been pretty negative on things like Insta Gram and other forms of social media but maybe I need to throw some of my bookmarks up and just see what happens. Put a price on a couple bucks and see. The only drawback really would be if it became such a big deal that I wouldn't be able to fill orders. One person suggested that I make rubberstamps out of the images but that does not make sense to me. Sure with one rubberstamp I could make 1000 replications but I don't think that's what people would want. I think people want an individual bookmarks signed and dated by me the creator. Worst-case scenario is that no one would be interested and I really wouldn't be out anything. I can still give them away all day long which I did over Christmas and those who did get those bookmarks have all been minorly thrilled.

The other idea I like to play with/exploit would be the idea of doing a podcast kind of a deal of energy use with seniors here at this apartment complex. I don't remember if I've mentioned this or not but this apartment complex is just one of many who stood are owned by Utah nonprofit housing of which I am on the Board of Directors not that makes a big deal except for we have a lot of properties and there's people on all the properties. Seems like if the project went good here we could generalize that to the rest of the system. I can explore the ability of getting a grant that my purchase equipment for the recording of such a project and maybe even writing a small stipend for me to produce edit and host such a project. It's doable. If even just part of these two projects came about I think I would be busy all year long.

I really was going to try to get this written early this morning but everything looked much more rosy and hopeful, not that it's not now, but I am tired and I think I'm fighting a sore throat. It hasn't come on yet but got a funny little catch in my chest it's not a full-fledged cough it's just there wanting to get worse. Luckily I have lots of citrus plus items I can mix with water that also might be assist even combating the possibility of the cold it's my turn to flu and have a detrimental effect on my winter season. So I don't know if that's bad news but I feel about 180° different than I did this morning when I first got up now I can't wait to get down to that just make up my mind please?

No comments: