Thursday, January 24, 2019

Xfinity And Beyond



Do you ever get that feeling that you are totally under utilizing something that you pay for? A couple of days ago I don't know what happened but the remote for my cable system stopped functioning. I don't know what happened actually what I sort of remember is that I hit a bunch of buttons in no particular way because I think the remote was falling I went to grab it but since that point the remote hasn't worked. I usually use the remote to turn off the flatscreen after I've turned off the computer. I also of course use the remote to bring up the cable guide which allows me to move around the cable offerings hundred and 40 some odd offerings I barely watch – – all right I'll confess I watch more cable than I should put stilts only like one or two cable channels usually for movies if I can find them. Even with the three or four channels that I use I think I watching way too much cable. So, not be able to access the cable networks has not been a big deal for me. However today I decided I would do battle with my provider Xfinity Comcast to see what could be done. I was really hoping that they be able to flip a switch at Central control and “Mr. Wizard” would be able to fix my remote.

It took me a while to search through selections to get to Xfinity but eventually got to a a selection for “chat”. I assumed that I would be in some sort of messenger system where it actually chatting with somebody about my remote issue. And of course I got a hold of somebody named Preeti. I automatically assumed this individual is in India or some other third world country. I never did ask whether this person was female or male I was just impressed they communicated in English as well as they did. Actually,Preeti probably communicated better than I did all things being equal. I don't know if he/she actually did anything to check to see if my remote was working. He/she gave me the illusion that they were doing something the checkout my remote but in the end this kind of just indicated that they would be sending me out a new remote in the mail next couple of days. It was an interesting song and dance though and I kind of enjoyed communicated with this person. They are very charge me five or six bucks for the whole remote but the person indicated that I was such a good customer he/she was going to write off the expense. How great is that?

I think I had cable the year and a half before I started utilizing the television part of the cable system. I got Xfinity primarily for the Internet capability since the Wi-Fi here at the complex is so poor. I don't remember exactly when oh I do to ,when when Star Trek discovery started and I could only get “I've thought” the ability to watch this series with this special link into CBS network for about six bucks a month. I went that way and then I rarely used it when the series went off-line for this season. So the last two days have not had access to cable and tonight just for the fun of it I decided to go to that special CBS link and sure enough it still worked and it should since I pay for it every month. But this is still a case of me under utilizing what I am paying for. Not that the sky make a big deal and change how I utilize these two services. I might just get real baldly and cancel my CBS select choice and now I think I may go back to Xfinity and find out what else I have coming to me. I often feel I should have better access to the Internet when I'm out traveling but I don't know if that's the Xfinity I've got are not. Or maybe I'll just be happy with the way things are

No comments: