Thursday, January 10, 2019

Thursday Thursday



Every Thursday is the coffee social called Coffee Social. I've written about this before in fact I think I labored to some degree last week about how perhaps I need to stop going to coffee social. Imagine my dismay in myself this morning when I round the corner to go to the community room where the social is held and its full of people! The room is been set aside for this meeting which is sort of stupid because everyone knows we of the social club have this room every Thursday morning at 9:30 AM.

I was irritated how could someone knowingly take our social coffee time? There are three or four of us outside the door chatting about how this was a blatant slap in the face of our right to meet drink coffee and gossip. If they was a leader of this group it would be Anne , the social worker. Anne has been the driving force of this group because I think it's in her job description to offer social options for folks who rent at this apartment complex to make sure they're able to keep their social acuity and be socially integrated. So I was totally blown away when I found out the group meeting in our room was Anne's group! Unbelievable. Tried to convince us that she forgotten all about our group meeting. Of the four of us not to be detoured opted to retire to one of the groups apartment to have our own little coffee group just the four of us. I'd make coffee in the morning as usual and is able to provide coffee to some of the people. We had a nice little meeting and did what we usually did just talk enjoy our time together. Luckily I was not aware but Irene who is sort of seconds in charge the group and who takes care of refreshments occasionally makes baking soda biscuits covered with sausage gravy which are great. And today she had planned to do just that. Sausage and gravy would have been delightful.

I felt well enough to make the trek south the library for bookclub's afternoon. My chest and respiratory seemed okay but it's a little concerned about my cushion and butt. I'm not sure what the issue is but I'm really having to focus on making sure that I am aware of how much pressure I'm putting on my very. I feel like I could be breaking some skin down. The problem with the track out South who says quite oh ways on the and then a couple block ride to the library itself rocking my butt back and forth on cushion which is less than safe. I made it however. The bookclub seems a little funky I don't know if it's just getting back into the rhythm after the holidays and spending so much time away from the weekly read. Last week only one other person showed up and they read two or three chapters. Today however there is quite a group may only read about one chapter but it was good to get back in the swing. I again in pleasantly surprised to see folks who I thought with their significant developmental disabilities would never be able to take part in a program like this. Overall serious readers the and they're not the best readers by anyone's standards especially mine but they never shy away from reading your page been there turn comes that's conical and makes me remember why I help out with this project.save

No comments: