Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Under The Table…



I have not had a regular individual to clean my apartment since before Christmas always before Thanksgiving actually. I used to have Cindy who was great . Cindy had her issues but overall she showed up when she was supposed to do a damn good job cleaning the chaos of my apartment. I didn't really think she would stay away. I hope she would get the issues of her life result that at least come back to do my apartment couple times a month. That did not happen. I was fortunate in that my son, Mark Anthony and occasionally my older brother would come over and pick things up and run the vacuum cleaner back-and-forth couple times and it was amazing how good these guys made my unit look. I would love to just have these guys help me out with this but that's not right I need to have a regular cleaning person.

A couple of years ago, when I was still married, I was with a different healthcare provider. And I ended up with this one individual whom I've written about before but I don't want to use your name here because of the sensitive issue of her “situation”. This person's birthday is not too far away and she will be 74 I believe she said with this upcoming birthday. She is always amazed me to do in the work she is at the age that she is but she continues to keep plugging along and unless there's something really wrong with her medically she tends to show up for work. These people who work as home health care folks are usually fronted by a major healthcare company. I doubt that these people are actually independent agents (I mean the individual play healthcare workers) but they basically get their job assignments through the parent company who assigns them work. Well my person had a medical issue or two in the last couple months and now she is still a member of this healthcare group but they refuse to assign her any work. She comes over every once in a while to visit ever sense I moved out on my own. She amazes me that I like to keep tabs on her I don't know why except for she sort of my hold card. Like, if I truly needed an emergency cover for healthcare issues like if I pooped by parents and I could not contact my my regular home health person and I need to be cleaned up immediately I know I can call and this person and she would show up and do the job. Luckily have not had to do that knock on wood.

When she started texting she popped up on my Facebook and texting services. The survey made it easier for us to stay in touch. She came over this last weekend to visit. As we talked she relayed to me how her agency seems to be refusing to assign her work. I knew she still does home healthcare so I asked her who was she serving or how is she serving? And she just said , “oh, I just do it under the table, I can't let anybody know”. I didn't go any further than that whether it was her job that she didn't want them to know about what she was doing or her Social Security or whatever I respect the privacy. She was sharing with me how desperate she seemed to be. I asked her she wondered some more hours she said sure and there you have it I have a new housekeeper. She's coming over Friday to do two hours and to see how things turn out. She's less expensive then Cindy was that's okay with me. I just hope she can do the job the place will look fairly decent for two hours work every couple of weeks.

No comments: