Saturday, January 12, 2019

Crinkle Crackle




It's funny how one little thing well change the color of your whole day know the color but direction actually. I wasn't sure what I had in mind and even though the event was a little bit frustrating I'll not say traumatic as it was earth shattering just frustrating. For weeks I've been meaning to saddle up to head down to Costco. Costco's where I got my glasses way back when I was married. As it goes is not a bad place and even the glasses have been somewhat okay except for when I get my new prescription I'm going to get the lenses free of any darkening agents. So I was going to return the Costco to have them tighten up the frames so the stop falling off of my head when I have my glasses riding up on my four head swings seen nearsighted things. I'll also asked them about with the new prescription, frames and such is going to cost how want to figure that into my budget.

This morning was a good morning as things go for Saturday mornings. I kind of had a hard time the second part of the night sleeping but I was okay. It was 630 and I was at the to be able sleep anymore I was resigned to that but still I took my time getting up. Now, I keep my glasses on the wooden thing the occupational therapist made for me which I keep right next to my bed. It's got all my essentials and it's my charging center. The glasses ride on the very top and I have thought the relatively safe there. However, this morning's house in my chair rolling around making coffee going back and forth to the bathroom that such a stop to pick some things up by the side of the bed and the wooden thing and pay much attention obviously. I heard a crackle crinkle as I spun around and didn't pay much attention however (and this is a major problem I have when something sounds weird or out of the ordinary I should just stop and take immediate examination of my immediate area). I went on my way when I came back from the bathroom I saw, my regret what seemed was left of my glasses after the great weight of my power chair with me inside had not only rolled over them but twisted. Had I had my wits about me out of taking an image. The temples were all catty whomp us and the nose pieces were totally flat I was totally surprised that I could put them on my head and they would act like glasses and neither look half bad at first glance – – of course when you looked real close you'd see that you only do I look like a hobo I look like a hobo with broken glasses.

The day was dark cold (but not as cold as a has-been) the kind of day that I would just assume stay in and play with my computer or hang the clothes from last nights wash. However, I felt impelled to cross the street and check out the food pantry and what's had done that I was ready to go. The day was cold and uninviting but not bad so I figure that saddle up go inbound get the Costco. Costco being Was it usually Saturday circus of middle-class America/Utah stuffing their minivans with calories and Carbo's. I was surprised at the line at the optometrist section but I got in line and soon my glasses written my hands of a cute little Pixie who seemed happy to have it challenge. She missed the spent 10 minutes with her little needle nose pliers with her focused attention. She even wash the lenses and handed back my glasses. I felt compelled to inquire prescription versus price but was included but was not did they take my insurance. It was great to have my glasses back to survive a few more weeks. I'm going to wait and tell they have the next free eye exams here at the building which will be the next couple months I think and then I'll get another pair of glasses without the darkening agent in the lenses.

As Saturday's go was not a big Saturday it was productive and I did get out and quasi- socialized and sometimes that's as good as it gets.

No comments: