Monday, January 21, 2019

Snow Day 2019





The snow looks like it is letting up now. However, there is been significant snow all morning with accumulations and since it's not a normal workday there is been little or no snow removal and I daresay they will not be any snow removal until tomorrow. I may be wrong and there may be a fleet of plows and snow removers cascading onto the property but somehow I doubt that's going to happen and I think I best get used to being here for the next week or so. And that's not the worst that could happen. I should try to figure out a way to get to one of DRAC peoples apartment complex tomorrow for a meeting at how to keep him in his place.Actually, Lopeti is not losing his apartment he's being evicted from his physical rehabilitation facility probably because he's ran out of funding. I'm kind of on the fence about how much I'm willing to go out into the elements for this issue since it looks as if a lot of other dragsters will be going out to support him. I will have to see what tomorrow looks like but after a storm like today public transit and public housing facilities will all be in disarray I believe. However I keep an open mind will see what happens.

I've been out a little bit just to take some pictures of snow around my complex the falling snow and snow blowing in the wind certainly makes some great images almost romantic everything's a black-and-white sketch with the gray clouds in the background. I was pleased this morning with my home health attendant to find that I've lost about a pound of weight maybe a little bit more. This does not seem like much any loss of weight for me is good. There still is a mystery we are trying to figure out about how I seem to lost about 10 pounds in about four days and it doesn't seem to register show anywhere in my clothing fit are how I look but I'm not going argue with the “miracle”. I'm just happy to be feeling fairly good will stay in the same. Interestingly I am beginning to wonder how effective the apple cider regimen I've been doing is. It really must be working that's the only thing I've been doing somewhat consistently over the past couple weeks. I'm not going to look the gift horse in the proverbial mouth.

The snow is almost finished falling for the day, the morning snow has worked its miracle on the leafless trees surrounding my apartment and I'm thankful to be witness to such beauty however fleeting. I've already noticed the winds beginning to rise and below massive white freezing clouds off the trees and picnic tables over at the park across from the apartments.The temperature is supposed to drop now, which only makes sense with this much frozen water everywhere around my apartment. However I continue to wear my shorts, my hobo blanket and my dreams of spring on this long cold holiday weekend.

No comments: