Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Snow Woes





Pretty much as I anticipated the clear day following the storm of great snow provides great immobility for yours truly. Before, out of taking great efforts expended great energies to get out in the snow a world and try to make the appointment/meeting that's going on today but today I figured screw it I'm just going to kick back and enjoy what I can. Tomorrow, is another meeting which I think I should be able to make one where the other. Giving the different city municipalities and such a should be able to get to the bus stop one where the other and make it inbound for tomorrow's meeting.

I went out early on just experience the post storm reality. Brilliant blue sky overhead and the bright sun dazzled my eyes reflecting its rays off the white driven snow. Just so I could say that I have made an effort I went out back to the back gate to the bus stop and just as I had surmised the snow removal contractor this facility uses did a great job of removing snow right up to the gate our property line but not a finger was lifted to remove the snow pass the property line. I've enclosed a picture of the snow on the other side of the gate. Just a few feet from the Utah transit Authority bus shelter which is the one I use when I go northbound. If I can access this shelter I can actually get to the green to college for the have decent snow removal at the transfer point and I could pick up Route 47 and go inbound to the hospital in points South and North on the train. However, I've learned my lesson well and know that once I traverse into that snow pile on the other side of the gate it's all over for me I'm stuck until I can get some of the rock me out one way or the other. I took pictures however I don't know why to seem like the positive thing to do particular have to make a case anywhere.

In the warmth of my unit I called Utah transit Authority and picnic couple calls to get the right entity but finally got a hold of a nice lady who basically took requests. I advised her of my plight of not be able to reach an accessible bus stop special the one just on the other side of my gate. We spent a lot of time on Google search. This lady want to be sure that we were identifying the exact bus stop that I want to snow removal on. She was encouraging and honest indicating that she wasn't sure how quickly crews could get to that facility but she was certainly let them know what my needs were/are. When I try to push the envelope to see if they would clear race tract over to the gate that seem to be a no go. I mean it's only like 5 to 7 feet if I had access to a snow shovel I would do that and I still might if I get my hands on the snow shovel around here. If I were really motivated I would start calling the city are whoever might be responsible for that section of sidewalk that surrounds the park next to my apartment complex and put pressure on those folks to remove the snow – – which they are legally responsible to do but legal responsibility is a whole other question.

No comments: