Saturday, January 19, 2019

Middle Man







I don't know if I was supposed to be middleman but I have a strong suspicion that I was. This morning I was getting ready for my daily visit to the food bank, that place where I do not have to go but I love to go because it's like they give me presents of food. I should be happy with the fact that I have enough but just the process of going to the food bank makes my Saturday mornings. As I was getting ready to go to the food bank I noticed the left side of my chair, the arm, had become disengaged from the body of the chair. This is a very annoying issue. I can get by without the arm of the chair but is not wise in that rather not be at that much risk. I believe I've discussed my unhappiness with the structure of these arms which are attached to the chair with an easy “release button”. Well, I don't know what I had done but for some reason the arm was just hanging at the side of my chair locally the forward part of the arm was still attached to the chair. I found somebody at the food bank to try to reattach the arm which usually is fairly easy but for some reason the arm would not reattach.

And the middle kid I didn't start out that way. This is kind of a tale of two families. The kind like that title but anyway in my adoptive family I was the baby for five years and I think I like that but at five I started getting new brothers and sisters. Seriously, a kind of explained in other blogs but let's just say my mother went on adopting frenzy for the next 5 to 6 years maybe longer anyway. Soon, I was stuck right in the middle which is okay. Had I stayed with my natural family or my biologic I have the impression that I'm kind of in the middle there as well I've met my oldest brother and another brother in between and there are younger siblings I think I'm in the middle here to. Either way I'm in the middle the comfortable thing about being in the middle that you're surrounded by sibs. Today, as seems always the case, I called on my older brother Carl luckily lives in the same town in relatively close by. I was lucky he had time this morning and came over immediately. Long story short refigured an easy fix luckily I have a chair similar almost exactly to this chair that is able to take the arm and with Carl's wonderful mechanical abilities was able to configure that arm on to this chair and off I went. I would've gotten by with a “broken wing” but having an older brother to call on the perfect way to enjoy a holiday Saturday. While Carl was here he fixed my vacuum and then vacuumed my house, swept my kitchen floor and my bathroom floor and fixed my mechanical pencil. In my adoptive family there are 10 children and we are all still alive and I am thankful every day that they are. In my biologic I don't know how many siblings I have but I have a bunch and I'm thankful for them in a funny sort of unknowing way just going after their. I'm truly luckier than most to have the families that I do…

No comments: