Sunday, January 20, 2019

I Have A Dream…



I'm smack dab in the middle of a holiday weekend. That's okay especially since there is a storm coming in tonight and they'll be fresh snow on the ground tomorrow I suppose nothing I'm going anywhere anyway. I'm becoming more and more concerned about my power chair. It seems to be groaning more and though it is not really failed me in any significant way I sense something coming. So having written this I'm going to start searching around for the next chair I wish to consider. The best possible scenario that is this chair holding out another year and a half I should be okay. The worst-case scenario is that somewhere along the line I'm going to be either stranded between my apartment and my destination or stranded in my apartment not been able to reach a source of communication are a way to let somebody know I'm in distress or the chair itself is going to take over drive me into the front of an oncoming train, bus our off the top rung of a flight of stairs none of the options are anything to be looked forward to.

Nothing will be done tomorrow power concerning repair to my chair wise. The repair my brother did yesterday is holding up just fine. In fact it would be easier just forget the whole thing but sure is not preparing the back of chair going to need it relatively soon… I just have a feeling. So Wednesday probably, giving the city a day do clear the snow off the sidewalks and such I will once again take to the streets and see if I can get the part I need for the backup chair and have my brother come over and make the necessary fix that equipment. When still also contact my occupational therapist to see how is coming along with setting up the appointment with my dural medical provider to talk about replacing my cushion and I think I'll start the pressure then to start the process of acquiring my next chair.

I do a little exploring and I get so frustrated trying to find anything on the Internet anymore. It seems by search engines tend to get compromised by fake search engines and I can't get an “honest” search. Luckily I continue to keep my Firefox software on my system which allows me at least to have a fairly decent search return for my efforts. I still become a little frustrated because no matter what I search for and how I search I still get results which I am skeptical. However, I usually have enough information to let me drill down on various websites for the information that I'm really looking for is just an annoying process.

So, I'm smack dab in the middle of a holiday weekend. My house is fairly clean and seriously I will not have the ability to make contact with anybody I need to assist me with procuring with the next major events of my life which is getting my next power wheelchair. That's okay the snow is already beginning to fall and supposedly there should be significant amounts in the morning to keep me bound to the apartments. Martin Luther King Day and no city services will be running especially snow removal. So tomorrow will be a slack day and Tuesday will be a phone day since I will be more than likely homebound. My spirits however are high because I know each day bring sme that much closer to Spring.

No comments: