Tuesday, January 08, 2019

Why Is My Technology Picking On Me?



I really think my computer is getting creepier and creepier and is not only my computer it's all my technology whether it's my cell phone or my Samsung tablets. This really could be just me and my tendency to be paranoid but something seems to be happening and is just getting annoying.

Case in point, earlier today all of a sudden when I tried to enter data into my computer, type words into my word processor or data into the search engine all of a sudden whatever I typed came out in Cyrillic characters! Russian! How the hell? Granted, I will take some responsibility for something like this happening because at some point last year I entered a Cyrillic alphabet keyboard onto my system thinking that I might try to write a little Russian, it's been quite a while. I really couldn't get the keyboard to install and I pretty much forgot about the project. I don't know if it was the summer or maybe early fall this defaulting to the Cyrillic alphabet keyboard entry happened. It seemed like forever it took for me to figure out how to get back to my English keyboard. I may even have had to contact Mark Anthony to come over and help me find the problem. This afternoon I spent a couple hours going back and trying to find the right settings or whatever and finally I found something which I deleted and at least brought me back to the ability to type English notation when I needed to. Interesting enough I would be able to dictate English when the Cyrillic notation was in effect but I just couldn't enter/type English characters into my writing.

I have really began to use my digital devices to listen to not only radio broadcast but podcasts and my stored music. However, in the last couple of months my cell phone has developed this weird characteristic of either turning itself off or what seems to be randomly going back and replaying snatches of a broadcast I might be listening to. I guess this is not a big deal but it certainly becomes somewhat annoying when trying to listen to a news report like NPR and every few minutes the machine will repeat something that you just heard and sometimes in ver
y frequent cycles. I thought maybe the one Internet radio that I downloaded had corrupted or something so I deleted the app and reinstalled the app but soon after the symptoms began to show again. So I figured what the hack I went to the app store and downloaded couple more Internet radio players. I thought I'd solve the problem at first but then one radio would just stop broadcasting right in the middle of the program, very frustrating. The other Internet radio seemed very selective on what ever allow me to stream in some cases I cannot even order up the podcast that I wanted. This is all very frustrating because I really want to use my equipment way that supposed to be used.

Maybe I'm just experiencing my equipment through very jaundiced eyes right now as I try to fight off some sort of disease process which is trying to overtake me. Everything seems to be more bleak that probably is. I've been really trying to take care of myself this winter/flu season but it looks like father flu may have tapped me on my shoulder I'm going to fight as long as I can with or without my electronic technology to keep me company.a

No comments: