Thursday, January 17, 2019

Sorry, I Forgot My Hair Dryer



Of course the only day that I really have to be out in the elements is the day that a major storm wanders through town. Seriously this morning no problem was actually up almost 50°. I don't have my book club until 4 o'clock but I have to leave around two to catch the bus to get down there in time while actually I go about an hour early so I have time to mess around the library check out what's new but of course the rain started just as I was leaving. I got soaked. I mean totally soaked. The gimpy little black blanket I wear over my legs these days, my red jacket with this little fleece like thing and then my backpack all soaked.. Of course, when I asked library and if she had a hairdryer she looked at me like the hobo I'm becoming. (I really have this great hairdryer Dianne invested in at one time or another are possibly Bridget, top-of-the-line heavy duty like standing behind a jet it dries everything) but I take it the day Noooo. I was kind of tharn-- see Watership Down , the library and suggested that I use the hand dryers in the bathroom – – why didn't I think of that?!

There I was in the West Jordan city library hunched over the hand dryers in the men's bathroom holding my jacket so they jetstream could affect any dryness that might come. Had I been downtown at the library there I would've fit right in. That's hobo-ville but I look a little out of place in the upscale library than must Jordan but that's okay I'm not to deterred from trying to get some dryness back into my clothes. It's not like I was totally undressed. I had my horizontal blue striped shirt on, the one makes me look like a mattress, and the hand dryer was just roaring away. I do get work 20 minutes on the project and decided that was enough. Surprisingly my red jacket got fairly dry. My stocking watch cap got completely dry, I even partially dried the headpiece to my power chair is at least usable when I got finished. I at least was not chattering my brains out by the time bookclub started. There is only one consumer, actually two if you count Eric but he's actually on staff of the DD Council but he also is a person with the disability, but so my but I refuse to be part of the target group. I am the volunteer with the disability. Jason, has a significant disability and his staff and Ricky from Council and me. We got a lot read. I was pretty glad to see the rain had let up as I headed to the bus stop following bookclub. The bus driver who should've put the ramp down so I can get on the bus while he smoked so to babysit out there cold while he did his smoke thing. I was glad to get home. I had turned the heat up to 78 for a left in the apartment was toasty. I figured I needed or deserved the treat of a warm dry space..,

No comments: