Sunday, January 13, 2019

Blood in the Saddle



I'm trying to con myself into believing everything is all right. But I'm okay that what I have is just minor that with a little attention in a little adjustment of going to be just fine. Of course, my mind automatically goes to the worst-case scenario I don't know why that's where I choose to be even if it's not what I wanted to be . Last night was actually turning out to be a fairly good evening. I'd watched a little TV but I pretty much want to call of the night fairly early and see if I get some reading done on a book on trying to finish sewing get into the last installment the third book of the trilogy. So, I closed up around 10 o'clock got myself to bed, applied the cream got myself covered up at the bed adjusted and the light and got my book spread out so I could read it while lying down when all the sudden the cheap, dollar digital radio I buy five or six the time at the local Deseret industries went off. There was no way I was going to listen to this all night so I calmly quietly put my book aside raised my bed to the “up” position and transferred back to my chair. I rolled over to the radio move the selector button to off and retraced my steps. I have a sheet/mattress protector that I sleep on in case I soil the bed and sometimes when I Catheterize during the night I dribble so to save the sheets I sleep on a protector. I tend to sleep on this device and tie where it out. If I dribble then I will toss it just because of the odor issue. However, I've been able to use this one for five weeks to the point where my home health person I believe is disgusted by it. Dianne, praise her, I purchased a bunch of these when we're together. These are high-end bed protectors not the slinky plastique filmy crap that I have a server backup. These are top drawer the ones I'm using now and I want to make them last as long as I can. I still have probably a case left and I can make one last a couple months of unlucky. But anyway when I'd gotten up I tend to drag the sheet with me when I transfer so I'm sitting on the plastic sheet so I have to pull it out and put it back on the bed which I did. It was only when I was going back to bed that I noticed what looked like blood marks are bleeding marks which kind of shocked me. So I did a quick feel my butt and I can't find any breakdown, skin breakdowns but doesn't mean they're not there. The blood had to come from somewhere. Earlier in the night while I was preparing for bed I ran my chair forward and I did not have my seat lowered enough to get under the sink so When I went forward the edge of the sink peeled the skin back of my knee and I think may have caused some bleeding there, which I hope. That could've bloodied the sheet when I first transferred in. Like I said, I felt my butt but did not feel skin breakdown.

So today I've thought the worst that I'm sitting on an open wound making the lesion worse. I am reclining as much as I can in my chair puffing up the Cushion when I can.Tonight when I take my shorts off I will look to see if there any Tell tell signs of bleeding. Then tomorrow have Dana, a home health person, look closer to see if there's any breakdown and apply medication and bandages where it needs to be and of course consider going into the IHC wound clinic which is always a joke.

No comments: