Monday, January 07, 2019

Good Morning to Another Week...



Today is a perfect day to be inside. The skies covered with ashen gray clouds flaking out small pieces of snow driven by a fairly cold wind but really not all that cold compared to what we have been going through the past couple of days. However, I'm thankful I have nothing scheduled for outside. I had the will heat regulator/thermostat turned up to 78° and I'm doing Monday inside stuff.

I continue to be quite naïve regarding my technology they used to be really focused and tuned in to the electronics I use I was proud of that but anymore I'm just glad to get by. I was awake little after five this morning that's okay. But my usually start waking up anyway I heard a sound that I assumed came from one of my pieces of electronics but I did pay attention to it was only when I was going to turn on NPR that I saw the message from my home health person, Dana that she was running about an hour late. This was cool I had no problem with this but I plan to get up anyway and start my process. It's kind of excited it's Monday, Monday is the beginning of the week and I feel energized. I had not had time to look out the window or listen to the weather report from my radio. I felt I needed to get up make coffee and get going on my day was going to be a wonderful day. My transfer from bed to power chair went fine. I am blessed because I have a power chair which allows me to reposition myself when I need. I needed to reposition myself this morning basically tell to my whole chair back and with gravity's assistance wiggle myself to do a fairly decent position. As soon as I powered the chair forward I heard a crash and I knew exactly what it happened and lucky for me I immediately let go of the stress this incident could've generated. During the night when my bladder fills and I drain I put the year and into fairly decent bag that I've figured out how to use and seal it then hang the bag with toxic waste offa book I have attached to this wooden frame which sits next to my bed. This device was built for me by my occupational therapist and is highly functional but basic. The device has hooks, shells on pockets to store my hooks, cables and reacher's in. There is also a platform that I can place my battery charger on but I don't use the platform for the charger any longer. Somehow, one of the bags had hoped itself on the back of my chair. I pulled the whole thing over and was dragging the bag filled with piss behind me. I could not disengage the bag which worried me greatly. I was however lucky enough to be able to twist in my chair and up with one of my sticks to reach around and pick up the bag and stretch it towards me which I did and went into the bathroom and was able to drain the bag into the toilet. That was an extremely great turn for this early-morning tragedy. I still was not able at this and gauge the bag but at least it was dry and empty and I had the top sealed back on the bag everything was secure. Fortunately, the other bag had not opened and I pulled it free of the fallen mass and went and drained it as well. This was not the way I want my dating start but start the day did and I, for the most part, was unscathed. Dana was running about 45 minutes late which allowed me to pick up the mess a little bit which she finished. Now all things look in order once again – – thanks Dana.

At some point I ran some milk out to the dumpster and even though the temperature has risen above the sub zero markets been hovering around the last couple of days cold wind blows peppered with rain and snow and brings me back to my original statement it's a good day to be… In.



No comments: