Tuesday, January 29, 2019

My Brother From A Another Mother…



I was totally pleased when I heard from assist this morning that the weekly meeting had been canceled due to lack of consumer participation. I felt I had too much on my plate and I need to focus on the home front for a while. With the events I have for the rest of the week I really need to wash clothes, I need to pay some attention to the project Dianne is letting me participate in as far as putting together my documentation of medical history. It also sounds like I need to be searching for my most current documentation from HUD regarding my eligibility for this particular program. Fortunately for me the program is administered by part of the federal government which is been shut down in which is just recently opened in the past day or two.

I spent a good part of the afternoon trying to reconstruct the dates of my current medical history, the stenosis affair tracking how to stenosis operations changed my life.in all honesty this challenge, running down the information which we need for going against our lender really quite intimidated me and still does, not so much now that I've actually jumped into the project but it's can be a lot of work on my behalf. I spent a good 2 to 3 hours trying to break into University of Utah's system only be thwarted one way or the other. I am afraid that when this is all said and done I'm going to be required to be up there at the University medical Center in person to sign release of information documents and all that stuff oh well better to get it going into be seen is dragging my feet. I have been able to get to the sniff where I spent hundred days following my second operation. And I'm going to have to go down there and person I guess unless I can get a hold of my occupational therapist and see if she can pick up the documents I need. The medical records person has put the information together I just need to sell show up sign the release of information's and I'll have that. Next, I plan to visit IHC medical and get my documents from that organization that's just a quick trip by UTA over to Murray Central. I think I'm going to be able to get this information relatively soon.

I too feel a little bit bad about not going to the Medicaid meetings up at the legislature this afternoon. I kind of liked to bend their ad my support to the group that look like a number of folks made the scene. And try not to be a wuss but I feel I need to be a bit discriminative about spending a lot of time out in the cold weather and traveling back and forth to the capital building. No matter how I do the trip it's a long trip to make on public transit not that it would be really any easier if I was driving back and forth in the van. I'm sure the tax on my body would be just as significant. Thursday I should be doing a meet and greet up at the Capitol building. Friday, Gail my friend and former home healthcare person will be here at the apartment to clean! I must say I am excited about this I just hope she do a good job which I sure she will.

The high point of my day came when my “new” little “brother” reached out and contacted me in a video chat. I have to admit I was impressed and greatly relieved. I should have made the overture myself since I'm the older but it just been dragging my feet a little bit maybe a little shy adult know what to expect. His name is Ed, he called to wish me happy birthday. Somehow Facebook alerted him that my birthday was today of course which it is not. Still just the same what a nice thing to do. We talked and we talked for a long time it was not difficult at all. I do not think that Ed had thought it would be a marathon call which it easily could have been. I'm now looking forward to meeting him and spending some time with him and the rest of the family members. For good try do something somewhat miniaturized this summer and see what happens. I guess today was kind of busy…

No comments: