Tuesday, December 10, 2019

A Little Bit Of Art





There's no question I'm a little rough around the edges. I would like to think that over the years I've smoothed some of those edges down to where my little more approachable. I don't think I really appreciated art much growing up. My older brother created smart which we actually had hanging in the house. I thought this was really cool but I actually think he is very cool, as well. So I had some art appreciation. I've been pretty excited all day. Dianne and I have been having the great communication the past couple weeks. One of things we talk about earliest I brought up was wondering if I might be able to borrow some of her art that she has around the Utahna house.

Dianne was the only person I think I have really ever known to had real art. Not that family art is not real it's is not famous are created by somebody known as famous. Dianne did. In a previous marriage Dianne and her husband collected a number of pieces of wall art. We had the art all over the house, on the walls in the living room, down the hallway even the kids rooms pieces of art hung there sprucing up the room and dividing the eye. I didn't know someone could actually get addicted to real art. I understand now how some people acquire and acquire and acquire more art even to the point where they put the art in a vault or in some source storage facility. They're going to enjoy the art at some other point in time. They're going to actually rotate the pieces throughout their lives. I can understand now why someone might do that or how they might do that.

Anyway, Dianne has allowed me to have a couple of pieces over for a “visit” and I'm totally excited. I'm now showing a Toulouse-Lautrec and a Marc Chagall I have another piece but I don't know who it's by but I love it very colorful only today after 20 years or more did I realize the colorful piece is actually an animal head of some sort I'd never noticed the teeth before I'm astounded. I have my very humble piece of art for which a been dragging around for years I have no idea who produced the piece but I call it the Matador in the mermaid. It's modern art given me by a neighbor I had 40 years ago at least. I've always cherished The piece. The Chagall knocked it off its coveted place in my living room and now the Matador lives in the bedroom which kind of makes sense now and I feel looks great. I requested these pieces for a six-month visit. I hope I do not get too attached. I think however in whatever time I have left on this dirt ball that may be I will even look at acquiring some art of my own. I'm very interested in Jean Dubuffet. Dubuffet is one of the brute artists which I really identify with and maybe I will consider purchasing one of his prints to hang on my walls.

My brother was so kind to stop by the house on Utahna and pick up these pieces and bring them over this afternoon and then of course went the extra mile and hung them up on the walls tastefully. I'm so lucky to have all these people in my life And now I actually have art too I feel my edges getting smoother…

No comments: