Monday, December 09, 2019

It Don't Come Easy


https://rideuta.com/-/media/Images/Services/Via/Via_On_Demand_blue.ashx?h=92&w=150&hash=023D2696AFB6DE1E69C5FE385F56C63C60E52E76&hash=023D2696AFB6DE1E69C5FE385F56C63C60E52E76&la=en

I really had one project to do today, actually that's not true I had two. Run over to the market get a few things to get to the week (I know they said snow yesterday on the radio and the TV) and to wrestle down the process of using the new app the Utah transit Authority is pushing for demand transportation. It's not really a big deal but I have to roll quite a distance from the closest UTA bus stop in South Jordan to get to my wheelchair shop. This new program would send a vehicle picked me up at some point and take me to the future shop and I assume back again to that point.

The program is called Via, I don't know if the letters stand for anything or not, it's program you have to register for which means of course it's all modern fancy meeting you got a use and establish passwords and download apps to work on your cell phone or computer. I don't know why but the process is been very threatening to me. I started off by contacting the transit authority to switch the over to the program itself. They want you to set up an account to use the service. This means giving them your name and number and even some sort of means of plastic credit card are other form of payment. The little person on the phone made it sound like it is just easy thing to do but it wasn't for me and I may have been making a harder than the process deserved. This was just setting up the gateways like to get into the program. I downloaded the wrong at first there's a driver app and that's what I downloaded just not the right one and let me know that in no uncertain terms. This project was all been accomplished of course by multiple calls into the “support” center. Mary was the main person I seem to work with every time I called in with one-time exception of Simón. I mean really, I do have some tech skills or at least I like to think so. However, the questions I could trying to formulate and the way that I sounded I know I exemplified the out of touch senior citizen trying to use a phone system smarter than he. I'm hoping that with repetition the process will get easier. Right now the services offered just to programs way south of the city. Unlike the think that perhaps this demand ride system might be even more ubiquitous to the area. I don't really understand the process exactly. They say they're using wheelchair accessible vehicles-which in my case I'm going to need-but the system is supposedly a system like Lift or Uber which uses just regular people to drive people around. This is going to be interesting I think.

Tomorrow, I have a 10 o'clock appointment with my wheelchair shop. I've got to take two buses to get there route 217 and then 218. I have a significant wait some going to have to leave early. I was hoping to use the via system to go straight to the butcher shop from the 217 and the line or EOL. So I'm a little frustrated are a little frightened or maybe just a little old new things just don't come easy…

No comments: