Friday, December 27, 2019

Just Make it Easy… Please!



There is a reason I don't do things, new things that is, and I know it makes me look like an old fuddy-duddy, Mr. conservative Mr. don't take any risks but I understand what's happened to be in the past and I seem to be doomed to forever repeat that one where the other.

Remember a couple of days ago when the assistant resident advisor, Diana requested that I returned the heater I been using for a couple of months in the apartment here. Even if I really didn't need the unit I really liked the heater and heat that it put out particularly during the winter months. Anyway like a good tenant I provided the heater when Diana showed up at my door and requested the device. That was when I decided to against my better thought processes to go online and purchase pretty much the same machine. I don't read done the research and I found what I thought was a good machine after all I search for the same as I had enjoyed with the heater from the apartment complex. I was pleased to be able to find a relatively inexpensive heater or at least a page of heaters on the Internet made by Lasko, I even thought that I'd gotten a deal because I selected a damaged box return. This got me the product for about $10 less than the regular priced heater which ran about 46 bucks, my price. I was so proud of myself I did the research I ordered the machine and then this morning there was a knock on my door, There's hardly ever a knock on my door but when I answered it was the postman delivering this big long box. It was the heater! I was expecting it tomorrow how exciting!

I figured what the heck I can do this so I am a box cutter to cut the tape on the box but failed to realize how heavy the device was and how awkward. I felt ashamed that I could not lift the box out of the shipping box by myself and I defaulted to the new maintenance guy who I am really beginning to like. He came down opened the box up liberated the device out of the shipping box and he even put the machine together all of which I would not been able to do. He even took the boxes out to the dumpster. Left alone in the apartment I quickly switched on the heater waiting for the glorious warmth to wash over me. Then typical to my life I found that what I had purchased was I a fan, and air mover and that was all. There was no heater. Now I was going to have to redo my steps and I don't know how I was going to do that since the talk and some very physical activity here especially retrieving the box the dumpster. That I went down talk to the manager and asked that the maintenance guy returned the apartment. I then contacted Amazon by text some nice guy named Justin helped me out send me the label I need to attach to the the box that was coming back. A lot of the conversation confused me but he was very kind and patient. I was hoping they could just switch out the device but no I'd have to order the new heater independent of the old one. Amazon is very good about not only refunding the credit card but also in freely picking up the boxed item for return. This is one of those things that is really prevented me from using mail-order was having to send things back, but invariably the item I ordered is not what I wanted. I got a hold of the maintenance guy he dumpster dived brought the boxes back and even packed the box. I printed out the label stuck it in the box and now have the box waiting by my door waiting for 2 to 3 days and UPS will be by to pick up the fan. I have not ordered yet the heater that I want. I'm a little intimidated I'm a little spooked That again I'm going to have nothing but regret for this next purchase by will to do it anyway and get over this bump and not be intimidated the purchase real stuff on Amazon…
 Which website

No comments: