Saturday, December 21, 2019

Art Of Dying






https://media.newyorker.com/photos/59097b76c14b3c606c109456/master/w_300,c_limit/schjeldahl-peter.png


Peter Peter Schjeldahl



It's 7:30 PM and that means winter has officially started in this hemisphere! I know I've read a lot about winter solstice before but I just have to acknowledge how grateful I am that the days of darkness are early darkness anyway are done in from now until June the hours of daylight will be lengthening each day little by little until the light and heat of the new year is upon me. Dianne is my scout. Dianne reads voraciously and she's always scouring the Internet and Is always coming up with interesting and fulfilling bits of information. Today is about this writer was written a book about death action about his death which is coming shortly. Interestingly enough Dianne brought this to my attention but I had already heard a interview with this guy Peter something on Saturday Edition this morning on National Public Radio. The guy is a theater critic for the New Yorker! I'll try to dig out his name and listed it somewhere in this posting. It's not some academic treaty on that are anything like that but this guys feelings on his impending doom. As I understand the situation is that he has some kind of cancer or other critical death thing. He's a bit of a humorist and I believe that's why Dianne sent the article over to me. She says he sounds a lot like me or I sound like him. I don't know if I had a terminal disease if I would be as upbeat as this guy is our seemingly upbeat. The article is huge just what New Yorkers love, I shouldn't just say New Yorkers since it's quite a national magazine. But I get the impression New Yorkers like to indulge themselves on long wandering pieces of literature. Dianne reads extremely fast I'm always amazed how quickly she reads in the level of retention she's able to enjoy. Me, I take forever to read. I got through this article and am so pleased that I did, because I found this great device and I don't know if it's offered through The New Yorker Or Google. However it is a reader! It actually reads the material which allows me to follow along which I was able to do all the way to the end of the article. I know I would never been able to do such if I was trying to read it. Possibly, if I had a couple days to read this and agreed that. I would just hope I would be able to retain my focus on the document to its completion. I was able to do that today though which I think is great. Okay I went back and checked the guys name is Peter Schjeldah and he is the art critic for the New Yorker magazine. I think the title of his article is “The Art Of Dying”. He wanders through major parts of his life and how everything is winding up at this and. Oddly enough there's a bit of a upbeat feeling to the document. He's on some sort of regimen that's allowing him to buy a little more time. The guys kind of hilarious. He smoked all of his life and he is glad that he did. I like that I can understand that. I was still be smoking if I thought I would not end up on some sort of a reading device if I had stopped. He was also an alcoholic he was just plain creative and artistic and was able to pull off a really interesting life. He sounded really interesting like somebody you'd like to know. Actually, I am so fortunate that I have known this person in the other people who have been in my life. They're all like him: David Fix, Dan Roads, Dr. McIntyre, Max Gift. They're all dead however. It's a good read, I definitely recommend it to anyone. Made even be a good laugh…

No comments: