Thursday, December 05, 2019

Is It Me?


The clouds moved in, a small front, no end to speak of so the inversion will stay in place in the Salt Lake Valley. These Valley inversions can be killers – – literally – – but they don't bother me though is that I can tell. However they've published enough images of the Valley at the bottom of this lake of “soup” that I have to acknowledge with several floating around out there in the atmosphere cannot be good. We of course did wind to blow this gunk out of the valleys I guess out of the desert to where I want bother the bipeds who live in the area of who does what we're doing to other four species that are trying to eke out survival existence in the desert. So this was a day that I could just as easily enjoyed in the amount of my apartment. But, I saddled up around 3 o'clock and headed south for the library. It's bookclub day and I haven't been to a bookclub and almost 3 weeks. I was kind of anxious to read with the group. But no one showed up. Bookclub starts at 4 PM and we read for an hour. At 10 minutes after, I was the only one in the reading area, I call the office to see if they even had one scheduled for today. I get nervous after national holidays many times things don't go as usual. However, I spoke with Ricky and she said that are person was coming down and would be there shortly. I looked at my timepiece it was now 20 minutes after 4 PM

At about 25 minutes after Avery walked into the room. I was relieved, I wasn't angry or anything, I would've enjoyed staying home today. We both looked at the clock on the wall the time was was now nearly a half hour and there is no use try to even read this week especially since there are no consumers there. We talked about our thanksgivings and we talked about other projects the councils is looking again involved with after the first of the year. It is the end of the year, things are winding down its time to put things to rest work things and quietly wait for spring.

What's kind of weird is that I'm getting us weird vibe that the book club might be dead. Over the last season since summer it had fewer and fewer regulars show up. I don't know if it's the book we chose our fits the changing of coordinators from the office or what but something's happening. I'm trying not to attach any of this to me. But it seems like I do have a track record of being affiliated with programs that tend to fail you can say that's dumb luck or dumb me just hard to say. I hope but not the touch of death. But I suppose I have really never gotten over the demise of Access Utah Network. It was such a good program and needed program. I can certainly blame the legislators involved and I can certainly blame the turn-of-the-century and the Y2K scare but it's just hard sometimes back away from the idea that in all situations I was the constant I was always there when it went down…

No comments: