Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Softly With Crackers And Beer…



It's kind of weird, it's Tuesday the day that I usually have my Assist, Inc. meeting. Today we did not have a meeting. It does not surprise me I think we even talked about not meeting today at the last meeting we had but still I called in as I always do just to see. In fact all of the volunteer programs unaffiliated with slow down if not completely disappear over the holiday season. After all the real world continues on with the real world schedule. This time of year professionals who have vacation time accrued, overtime accrued or whatever tend to take them during this period. I don't begrudge them I knew that I did while I was in my work life and I love that time between Christmas and New Year's. However, festive/honorific of the holiday or whatever it still leaves a big gap in my life of what to do and how to fill that space.

I should see it as my Christmas gift, from those programs and boards that I serve on to myself. I could go shopping, I could take myself out to eat, take in a movie, a play are just wander around downtown at night looking at the lights maybe even wandered into the liquor store and enjoying the true celebrator's a Christmas. But you know just can't get myself up to do that. It's kind of a shame and a shame on me for wasting this valuable celebratory time I could be being Yuletide festive. I could be watching Amazon or Netflix there certainly a horde of viewing options there. I can even drag myself up to the movies, the real movies but there's not much playing right now that I want to see. Perhaps, next week during the real holiday maybe.

I love video chat. I cannot believe how great that technology is. I'm always amazed when I've had a session with somebody I really enjoy. I just hung up a chat that I have had with my old friend Dave, used to be my boss and Blackfoot Idaho. Dave is become an expatriate living in Mexico I'm so impressed that he is made the move. Dave lives on just the other side of the border he travels back and forth across the borderto do his business He consults and he also spends a lot of time teaching on the Internet site classes for an Internet University.He's really doing it all began believe it is left the “straight life behind”. He talked about one of his usual days, getting up late walking along the beach this breakfast and visiting with neighbors than setting down to grade papers or prepare his lecture for the video broadcast he does that evening as part of his Internet psych class. That's his day. He told me he feels tranquility/tranquil is the best way to describe him these days. It's like I spent an hour with him right here in my room visiting. Now, I feel I've done something productive with my day.


The clouds have moved on and the “Cloud River” has been replaced by a trough of Arctic air freezing the snot out of everything outside. I'm still wearing my shorts and getting lectured on by all the old fart's at the place here about how I will catch my death of cold if I don't watch out. Even but remaining professional staff seem be worried about my feet. I put on shoes to quell the comments. I'm even wearing a flannel wrap around my legs giving myself the most institutional look – – actually it's not true I do have a wool blanket which I think was my grandmother's dark plaid which would really give me that senior institutional, in the wheelchair look. However I think I will stick with my black flannel bah humbug.

No comments: