Friday, April 03, 2020

Bazooka Joe (Mort) and Me



Somewhere along the line I think I finally turned the corner and realized how dangerous the time I am living in. I think up until this last week I knew we are in a crisis but didn't really grasp how much the crisis was now close to home. I am now seriously considering either wearing my small collection of facemasks that I've got. They're pretty flimsy and I don't know if they be of any assistance really accept to give the illusion of protection for those you might have to interface with one where the other. The other option would be to pull my shirt up over my nose like that one character, Mort in the old Joe palooka bubblegum funnies. Boy, I could launch off on a tangent about bazooka bubblegum but that will have to be another day. And you can tell if you look close that Mort's turtleneck doesn't go up over his nose but you get the idea I'm using my shirt as a mask. I doubt I can find a real mask now if I tried though it be kind of fun try and have a real one to hang up my chair make me look like a real street warrior during the Covid 19 wars. And speaking of wandering, I've become a convert to the seriousness of being out in the community. A few hours ago I jumped a bus and headed southbound to harbor freight. Somewhere along the line last couple weeks I've lost my coveted bamboo Japanese handsaw. I love this tool and I use it in spurts when I have to cut down my hooks when I break them in redraw to put a new book in. I think I've rented out to someone and I've forgotten who. I really want to work on my stick's/hooks. (I really should tell the whole story but I don't have the patience for that right now. Let's just say that I had ordered a handsaw from Amazon but paid way too much and I sent it back).

It's actually a beautiful spring day but more chilly than not. I had my shirt up over my nose like a bank robber and the driver she was wearing her face mask as well. We looked like A member of a gang. It's kind of interesting right now. Because of the Covid passengers enter the back of the bus. Only people in wheelchairs like me enter the front. I think it might be a union thing to protect the drivers. So you had the two masked desperados on the front of us had in South.Eventually riders begin to push forward and I was supersensitive that was wearing a mask and who wasn't even who seem to be well and who wasn't. I made sure I didn't touch anything (and I'm never like that) I'm going to start carrying a bottle of hand sanitizer with me. I felt the same way in the store when I got to Harbor Freight. I totally enjoyed wandering around the store and keeping my distance from other shoppers most of which was wearing a mask and I just look like a bubblegum character. I did great at avoidance and actually came back home I think free of damage. In this morning's mail I got a notice from my credit union, which I have an account that Dianne and I both have our names on from the marriage. When I get these I put them in an envelope drop in the mail. I did that today was heading down to the mailbox when I turned the corner and there was the Resident Advisor Diana. I didn't realize she had been sick but she has been and she sounded really bad but she was all bundled up with a mask but still I consciously didn't even want to be close to her. Her voice was all squeaky she kept breathing like she was ready to fall over. She was coming toward me there is no way I could hide or get out the way so I just basically hug the wall as far away from Diana as I could. She even volunteered that shouldn't sick for a week and had gone in a couple days ago to be tested and should just gotten the results indicating that she was negative for Covid 19. I don't know how much I believed her. All I know is I hugged that wall and vowed to stay in my apartment for his long as it takes…

1 comment:

danny-55 said...

Ah you best me to the punch! But it would take a good ol' timer to figure that one out... i have so many logos that would be great for bumper stickers! for those Repugnant's see that sticker, boy that will raise their oats! :)