Monday, April 27, 2020

Broken Mug Broken Heart






I wish my home health person could get here earlier. I think she really tries to get here at 7 AM but it is very rare that that happens. It's more likely at 730 or 7:45 AM that she gets here and that's okay, I really don't have anything else to get to reduce specially during this time the social isolation/social distancing still however even with the fact that she may even give me up to 45 minutes free time when she comes it still makes it pretty late the time I get dressed, medicated had my breakfast and ready for the day it's at least 10 o'clock and by then most mornings gone. I don't mean to complain because I have it really good. I usually accept what's on my plate and I'm happy about it especially on Monday mornings feeling so good and ready to conquer the week. But still its time for me to start my workout then maybe try to scan's more images. I need to do some drawing, and more than anything get outside and get some UV rays on me.

I broke my heart this morning. I was up early puttering around waiting for my own health person, Annette, to arrive. I was doing my usual day my coffee measured out and watered up and ready to go. As I did so, inadvertently I brushed the dish rack on the side of the sink where I had a number of items stowed from washing. What are those of my favorite coffee cup, a sturdy ceramic piece with the image of the poster Café Martin which I've basically found out was a poster of a famous Café in Paris and I assume there's probably some sort of vestige of this establishment in New Orleans. I think I've held onto the piece because it is a left over from my marriage which I hesitating to let go. I also think having access to such a piece of ceramic makes you feel “cool”. I'm pretty shallow that way. Anyway, I brushed the rack and of course Café Martin was on the edge and the mug tumbled to the concrete floor and thank goodness did not shatter But broke into two pieces. What I said the broke coffee cup on the floor Kind of broke my heart but I guess like all things I knew it was going to happen one way or the other. I did of course put the pieces back together just to see how they would fit and actually they fit quite well very snug against each other and I'm sure with the right kind of chemical bonding agent will make a fairly acceptable piece of art to gaze on. I don't know how credible it would be as a drinking vessel but that's explorable too. I also found for eight dollars and $7.98 shipping fees I could get a new mug (though not as big and not as personable). So now I'm just going to wait and see. Of course show Dianne the destruction and she may have some bonding agent and the repair might be a good task to do together.…

No comments: