Saturday, April 18, 2020

Photographic Chaos




I don't know where the time went last night or yesterday but somehow the day did get away from me and I went to bed without posting in the blog. I'm trying to convince myself that not posting is not a big deal but it is kind of a big deal to me some of his prided himself on posting at least 500 words for us long as I have each day throwing up 500+ words. Really, a day go by without my posting. Truth be known I can go in, I have figured this out, how to go in and change the dates to which you want to give the illusion that I posted something yesterday that I actually wrote today. That's cheap like sewing labels for the expensive shirt into a cheap shirt that's what it's all about is that not correct? Appearances. What a joke. Hiding behind something as trivial as posting 500 words a day every day day in day out week after week year after year. I need to not lose sight of the love of writing versus being perfect in my postings.

Last week I had Annette, my helper, pull my dreaded box of photos from the bookcase. This box holds all of the visual data accumulated through my life. It is the revenant's of two or three family albums my mother put together during her lifetime many of which of disintegrated in time leaving only the photos randomly thrown into my chaos box of photos. My goal for the last couple years is to organize this material and somehow scan these images onto a hard drive in the hopes of producing some kind of a document before I pass my kids. I don't know why this is important just seems like something one should do at least for me. I know it's difficult to throw photos away, these individual snippets of life. I just want to hold onto them so badly. However the technology I can go the next step and at least tried organize them somehow. However, the task is daunting and many times overwhelming I have to sneak up on the project do a little bit there and a little bit here scan a little scan a lot and then wander off to do something else the only problem is I still have the mess on my kitchen table and other places in the apartment. I don't want to frighten anyone but there are so many stories with these images that I just might start incorporating some into my blogs. Not that my life is so boring I have to rely on outside stimulus like faded photographs but maybe that's the case. They say a picture is worth 1000 words I only have to have 500 for each pitcher. Or, what if that was my goal to write 1000 words on each image THAT would be a challenge. That might be fun to do and who knows might be a way to creep up on publication or possible publication of the book about my life. Droll as that sounds it could be fun. Not the life has to be fun but at this point in time when struggling with social distancing which means stay-at-home what a perfect thing to do.

No comments: