Sunday, April 26, 2020

Dinner



Day before yesterday I was fortunate enough to score a 3 pound chub of ground turkey at the sharing shelf. I'm kind of getting into ground turkey over this last winter. I used one Pound of ground turkey I got from the sharing shelf and mixed it with a pound of hamburger. Typically, I would never have used ground turkey. I thought ground turkey was horrible are gross to say the least but to my surprise the mixture of these two proteins resulted in what I felt was a near perfect beloved. A meatloaf with juicy soft texture and great flavor. It's not that I'm a hamburger purist I think I kind am still but I am really beginning to enjoy mixing the turkey. Anyway, my idea was to take the chub break it into three 1 pound
Packages freezing two and then produce a meatloaf for Sunday dinner.

I knew that Dianne likes my meatloaf in fact she says she loves my meatloaf so I gave her a call and invited her for dinner. Seemed like a perfect thing to do for a Sunday afternoon for two seniors at something else to do. I was kind of excited. My new thing to do when cooking is to prepare as much of a meal the night before as I can. I thought sure I had everything that I needed but on closer inspection I realized I did not have a working green pepper. The green pepper I got last week was toast I found green pepper and onion from a breakfast I made a couple weeks ago in the back of the fridge all slimy and gooey. It was 9 PM on Saturday night. I so much wanted green pepper that I was going to head out to the market but guess what? I couldn't get out of the building like to gather building but were gated community and all the gates are closed and the only one gate that I have controls for doesn't work. I suppose it could've got out the front door which it be totally circling around the block which I could've done but I elected not to. I figured I could get up early and run across the street market.

I was up early but I figured the market had gone to specialized hours because of the Coronavirus. I was right I finally got out of here around 7 o'clock figuring that was a good time. Boy, was I wrong the market was closed uptight. In fact I couldn't even tell if it was going to open today was so confused. I thought perhaps I could catch the bus going southbound to a couple markets on 5400 S. but when I checked the bus schedule that bus wouldn't be there till 9:45 AM!. I actually rolled to a Wendy's and got a breakfast sandwich I went back and read the door and found a notice which indicated they opened at 8 AM and it was now 7:45 AM. At 8 o'clock I went to the door, I could see people moving around inside, but the door was an opening finally a young woman who I guess is management that she had keys to open the door let me know that the market was an open till 10 AM! That's when I begged her for green pepper and she actually got my one what kind person.

I was so pleased the meatloaf when together quickly and I put it in refrigerator to put into the oven at 12 o'clock (we're planning on eating at 1 PM). Dianne brought vegetables, potatoes I can't remember the name they were great and a beautiful desert and Jeff would cake with lemon covered in the meringue toasted. It was a perfect lunch we watched Netflix after four perfect afternoon. It was an adult Sunday may be a senior Sunday. We sat next to each other enjoyed the meal, cleaned Up and went our way.


No comments: