Saturday, April 11, 2020

Grandson Fun



It's kind of weird to say but I only have one grandson and that grandson's name is Asher. Interestingly I have four granddaughters and two step granddaughters. I don't have much contact with Asher which is too bad I think he is always been wary of me. I don't know if it was the wheelchairs are the power chair or maybe it's just me but I think I've always sort of frightened him. Interestingly, I'm beginning to have more contact with the lad as he grows.

Asher's almost 9 years old and I think he's pretty bright, not because of his grandfather are because he's a grandson of which I have only one but because the things he seems to know and do. Just recently I have become aware that he has at least one YouTube channel and I think he may have more but I don't really know how to access the other channels. I think he's done a splendid job for an eight-year-old almost 9 in fact many of the episodes on the channel were made two years ago at least it seems to be 100% Asher.

I wish I were better grandfather. I think I may have gone over this before in other postings about how I wish I was the like the grandfather in Sloop John B by the Beach boys. The grandfather in this song I think was a bit of a rascal bug. This grandfather and grandson somehow get work on this boat/ship and sounds like a party together, work together and just hang out together. And one of the renditions of the movie Last Of The Mohicans There's a grandfather Indian kind of guy Who is acting as one of the guides for the group. But this grandfather Indian knows how to throw a mean Tommy Hawk and is not afraid to use it. He runs and jumps and he fights just as good as his son and grandson. I'm not a very good grandfather, I know this. I've written about this in the past as well. I think I'm trying to be better, case in point the letterwriting campaign with a couple of the granddaughters that been doing over the last decade or so. What few conversations I've had with them over the phone of been quite stilted and limited and in real-time conversations also significantly limited. I would like to throw the blame on the distance between us and the lack of contact with each other but I also have another granddaughter in the same county here in Salt Lake that I also feel that we're greatly distant. I think she has tried over the last couple years that she's matured and I've tried to be there but they live in a distant part of the county and seeing each other is quite a task (honestly, this was the case as well when Dianne and I were together and I still had a van that I could travel with). I don't know if the letters of done much good except to establish some form of proof that I tried to be somewhat available in part of the kids lives.

One of the best parts of ashes foray in to video, Specifically YouTube is that there is a place to leave comments. I watched one of Asher's more in depth videos where he pretty much describes one of his favorite video games. The document is more than 10 minutes which I think is abnormal to anyone who produces a video. I left a comment which upon me going back and looking was quite extensive special for a little kid and my surprise within a day's time Asher had read my comment and responded, very adult like. I was impressed and proud and and somewhat encouraged to comment again when he decides to put up another video.

I love my grandkids even though I don't tend to show it too much. I don't know how and I know that's a copout just because I didn't have the kind of relationship with my grandparents that I wish I had. All I know is that I did not want to be like them well I one grandfather, my dad's side I think had real potential. Grandfather Smith at one time was a logger and I can see myself with him working on logging camp had things been just a little bit different…



No comments: