Sunday, April 05, 2020

Palm Sunday









It was not intentional, I wish I could take some credit for a brilliant thought of leaving the apartment and zooming out to experiencing a beautiful spring day even though heavy dark clouds broken by shafts of sunshine permeated the afternoon. Finally, I got some decent sleep and woke up totally rested and excited to enjoy this fifth day of April.

Last evening's as I went to bed I checked everything except for the position of the pendant that I operate my bed with. That usually hangs on the wooden stand that's next to my bed. If I don't watch closely the rear wheel of my power chair will invariably come to rest on top of the cord to the pendant meaning either have to finagle the chair to turn on and then operate to hang control with a stick and push the chair forward enough to liberate the cord. There have been times that I ingeniously used one of my sticks, which just happen to be close to the bed and actually be able to pry the wheel off the cord enough that I can yank the cord free. Last night I was able to actually move the forward enough to free the cord. As I maneuvered the chair I noticed the charger cord to my cell phone was somewhat tangled around the rear tire. I actuated the joystick some more with my stick and thought I pretty much it untangled the charger and went to bed. However, on rising this morning I did not even think about the cord entanglement from last night as I headed for the bathroom I heard a giant crash and behind me was my nightstand tumbled to the floor by the errant cord. Gently and slowly I backed up exactly as I left and thank goodness was untangled and is able to go on my way. In due time is able to get the nightstand affrighted and begin picking up debris. Already events were taking place that I had not planned for my Sunday morning. I cleaned enough debris that I'll be able to get close enough to my bed tonight to transfer and will have Annette pick up the rest and vacuum in the morning

It's Sunday the day I love to cook. Last week on the sharing shelf I picked up Campbell's soup bag whose contents were designed to make beef stroganoff. I had a pound of stew beef purchased a few weeks ago in the freezer which I brought down and began thawing. I decided to do the beef stroganoff for dinner. All the time I've been doing the events of this day I've kept an eye singular to the world outside my window. The clouds are dark as I indicated in the first paragraph but I went out for a short moment to explore what the day felt like in the day felt beautiful! I put together lime Jell-O with a can of fruit cocktail and the rest of my cottage cheese the process together perfectly. I threw the Jell-O in the fridge for four hours and with that behind me I bolted from the house. I should've been more attentive to the mess in my bedroom and I probably should have made some bookmarks but I was bitten by spring fever (I think I just messed up that metaphor). I had my cell phone with me and decided to document some trees around where I live as my homage to spring and Sunday… Palm Sunday

No comments: