Thursday, April 30, 2020

I Am Waiting




I promise I'm not going to write this entire blog on “pie hole” I'm not exactly sure what that means but it's a reoccurring part of a dream that I have noted in the past couple months. It's not a bad dream for say but it's something that wants to be said and come out but I'm not quite sure how to do it. What I can remember at this point in time it has something to do with a possible television series idea. Not that I have the skills to develop such a beast but at the time on waking after such a dream it all makes sense. I would really be wise if I can gather my senses enough to at least reach over and grab my cell phone and dictate my thoughts after such an awareness. This must be an important concept because I keep referencing the idea to myself. And if I know myself I will continue to do so until I pick up the baton.

This is one of my favorite times of the year, it's still early spring and since everything is changing season lies the Wasatch front is experiencing warmer days than usual… Whatever usual is anymore. Even though I know such warm dry weather is not necessarily advantageous or healthy for the planet and the Wasatch front this time of year I'm certainly not going to badmouth warm weather dry conditions in the afternoon storms. I can't remember and to lazy to do our recent search of blog postings about trying to go to the market late last Saturday night you remember, I was building the meatloaf for the following Sunday. I needed to go to the market but because my secret side gate opener is not functioning I couldn't get out. We are gated community and the only way out would've been through the front doors which means I would have to go half a block in the lake darkness to access the market or cut through the park again in the darkness which for some reason spooks me that late at night. I mean I would've done it if I was desperate but not that desperate. I didn't go to market till the following morning, Sunday, the Sabbath and even then it was a challenge because because of the virus to market does even open till 10 AM! Unbelievable. So my question now is to bring enough pressure to bear on management to repair the secret side entrance to this facility.

I had thought I had done fairly well with this project last week maybe a week and a half ago when I initially brought this forward. They made noises then (the front staff in mind you at this time of social distancing front staff is all but disappeared at our facility) anyway I found the got some response saying that the part had been ordered and we're just waiting. This reassurance certainly left me with the idea that management front desk knew what was going on. I've been somewhat disappointed each day as I've gone out and tested the gate only be exposed to the high piercing shrill of whatever's going wrong with the poor electronics. (Now that we are in the 70° weather cycles I often go out in the parking area close to the gate to read in the afternoons many times I checked the gate then). I've somewhat given up hope knowing that eventually something will happen and it will get repaired. This morning as I rolled past the front office one of the staff called my name and asked that I checked the gate recently with the assumption that it had been repaired. And yesterday I did not check the gate, I just read my book and enjoyed the weather. However, I had to confess that I had not checked the gate and zoomed out down the hall out the back door on the sidewalk over to the gate and a hit the open button only greeted by a high shrill. Alas, I was right nothing that happened which sort of raise the thought in the back of my mind they don't know what I'm talking about which means they're not really paying much attention to me. Anyway, I zoom back in the staff are still in a little grouping with the main maintenance guy Ted sitting there. Ted had done something the day before adjusted the gate swing which I think is how the gate opens up but had no idea that the electronics were at fault. So I drug them back to the gate and showed him the issue. He was enlightened and astounded and concerned as he touched the mechanism I assume some type transformer which is hot to the touch which means that something is wrong. “Something's been ordered in”. It seems like somebody checked and ordered something but that something hasn't come yet and like Lawrence Ferlinghetti I'm just waiting…

No comments: