Tuesday, February 23, 2021

F N G Friendly New Guy!



Finally. It's been forty-four Evers since we've had Emergency Home Repair E HR, volunteer board meeting at Assist, Inc. for the loyal readers you remember that into before time we met weekly most of the time to discuss requests for emergency home repair. Each request is then signed by one of the board members that we agree to the need. This of course, like everything else it seems, came to a screeching halt last year late March early April. The need did not go away but it was difficult to bring them board together especially since we had to sign the documents. For one reason or another I was about the only board member that kept being active over this period of time. The coordinator then Dave and I would get together maybe once a month to go over the applications. Then of course late last year David retired and the program is been in limbo ever sense. However, couple weeks ago we were able to hire a new coordinator for the project a young lad named Andrea's – – he seems young but probably not as young as I think. Everyone seems young to me. He's the new guy.


Late last week Andrea's called me to introduce himself and we decided that we would have a meeting today, the usual day for the advisory board. I was excited that we were going to have an “in person” meeting. I guess somewhere in my mind this suggested that things were getting back to normal and I was so happy to have that feeling. From the discussion on the phone I could tell that Andrea's had no idea what the advisory board was about and how to run it and I was pleased that I was able to assist. I was tasked, after the phone call, call the other members of the group to see if they could make the meeting. It was strange because all the numbers I had for the folks did not seem to work so I was the only when it showed up today for the meeting which is just as well. We introduced ourselves to each other, Andrea and I and I think we sort of had midst of bond. I think we will do okay especially if we can get the other members activated. We were able to bring one personnel over the phone, Margaret, who seemed a lot more healthy than last time I heard her voice. One of the board is just 90 and the and Margaret is 80 something then there is me at 70 followed by Caroline I know is younger than me by how much I don't know.


The board meets at 11 AM and usually goes for one hour. Andrea said my stretch that a little bit today so that we could review all of the applications that were at hand. The turn loose a little after 12 noon. I was glad to get back into the meeting mode. Looks like we'll have another meeting next week and hopefully some of the other members will be able to be in attendance. I will feel a lot better after March 4 which is when I get my second Covid vaccination. Now I'm still a little jittery and feeling a little hypochondriacal feeling every sensation respiratory or physical pain as a sure indicator of the Covid. I think of just tired even though I really didn't do anything driving my chair to the bus stop write the trainto the library stop and over to the office and back again I guess is a lot of work especially for someone as old as me… LOL


No comments: