Sunday, February 07, 2021

Two Restaurants At The End Of The Block

   





Last week was my birthday but you all know that. And you'll remember I did the birthday thing of making the cake and celebrating this best I could during social isolation. It was a pretty good birthday I thought all things being equal. However, Mark Anthony did call the course you wanted to do something to celebrate my birthday with me which is typically having a meal of one sort or another. Again, in the best, responsible means I should of just pushed the issue of social isolation but caved in to have breakfast this morning, Sunday morning at the village in just on the street from my apartment. This is okay for me since visiting with Dianne a day or so ago over the Internet she had fixed herself some fine pancakes which sort of left me which sort left me thinking I might like some nice pancakes to and what better way to have nice pancakes that the Village Inn and have it paid for by dutiful son.


I don't know if I was excited about the Village Inn outing or the overall angst Of trying to get my monthly letters out as well as a specific letter written for justifying funding for a new body lift. See earlier posts of this blog. I have a meeting tomorrow at 11 AM at the Independent living Center to submit my request letter and meet with the selection board see if I might be eligible for funding. This should be of early friendly event and after all I was encouraged to apply. Still, I had to come up with some creative ideas for need and produce it in such a way the light would favorably shine on me. So I'm not sure but I am waking up at 4:30 AM and did not really get back to sleep. Whatever the excitement or stimulus that felt kind of exhausted all day.


There are two restaurants at the end of the block from my apartment complex one restaurant is called Dee's and the other Village Inn. Personally of the two I prefer Dee's what is strange to me is that nobody I know except perhaps one individual likes Dee's restaurant. I think they have a pretty tasty menu and it's relatively affordable the only drawback I have is that it's fairly working class which in some realms also is code for Trump supportive which are spooks me. By contrast across the street is that Village Inn also a chain restaurant (much larger chain than the other) but it seems to me somewhat sterile. I think there menu is okay but somewhat limited. This the kind of restaurant to go to have business meetings or to do homework with a group of friends. You're essentially renting space at a table with access to coffee and pie and grill food if you wish if desired. You can stay there and visit for hours and not be bugged only by staff to tell you when the going off shift.


I have a special breakfast today with my son and my granddaughter, Jasmine how lucky am I? I have the two for two for two breakfast with a side of eggs or something like that. Shockingly, everybody drank coffee even Jasmine the high school junior. Mark and Jasmine came in separate vehicles which I thought was kind of cool everybody ran at their own time but we all came together at the Village Inn for a small family celebration crashing together for a short time before being flung out to the universe of chaos…

No comments: