Thursday, February 11, 2021

Just Shoot Me… In The Arm

 





I was not sure what to expect today as I finally eligible to get my Inoculation for Covid 19. Dear constant reader remember I was all set to Get my vaccination when they were giving injections out In the common room at the apartment complex where I live. And it was revealed that I'd had a vaccination within the prior two weeks for shingles?The convenience of getting the shot me arm in my apartment complex was gone now like the rest of the senior cattle of Salt Lake County I'm going to have to go to one of the arenas in the area where doing lots of shots. In preparation for this I'd called a couple days ago and got myself an appointment. Yes they have a strict appointment system and exposed to not even show up until five minutes before your your registered time. My time was 3:15 PM. I was a little concerned because I didn't have a car to wait in and tells my time for the vaccine. Oddly, nobody else stayed in their car either. I was having to rely on public transit is always so I started my trip about two hours before my scheduled time. I did quite well actually, I got there about half an hour before my time.


It's not like the day was overly warm, however the day was much warmer than regular February days. What I'm saying is that I had good travel weather. I was just glad it was not super freezing and there was no rain or snow. What I thought was fascinating was that people were just milling around and there was a lot of clumping behavior, everybody had masks on but the majority of the population was sure not social distancing. Of course, everybody had to be 70 years or older so there was a senior festival. Lot of stretch material as well as bluejeans and Levi's, cowboy boots and converses. It was, like an afternoon at the DMV where none of these people would come together In regular times. The 315ers sort of huddled together. We were pretty friendly one of us however was a little psychotic and screamed once or twice started everybody in the group. Whether this little psychoWas aware of the rest of us are not didn't seem to make a whole lot of difference. He was one of us we gave a little distance to be himself but we also hearded of him along with the rest of us. When I finally called our number we entered the building and had produce identification as well as other documentation as well as get temperature reading. There are three or four stations we had the pass through refinery got our final shot. It seemed a little chaotic but I can also sense some underlying control the whole group. Interestingly, at the last station after you got your inoculation you had to wait around for 20 to 30 minutes to see if there are any aftereffects in that timeYou were scheduled a time and day to return your second inoculation..


I have to admit I was mildly impressed with how well my Inoculation went. I was also struck by this weird feeling of communalism. I kind of sense how those folks during the World War II must've felt sacrificing everything i.e. sugar, flour and other stuffs for the war effort. You feel you're doing something as a country. Oddly that's how I felt working with all these people not only for my own protection but as a group trying to develop a herd response to battle this disease. It seemed almost the direct opposite what's happening on the political front of this country right now. It almost seemed refreshing…

No comments: