Saturday, February 20, 2021

Shopping on a Saturday





Saturday The temperature outside is Pretty chilly but the sun is out in the day looks beautiful so beautiful in fact I figured well what the heck? I might as well be in provisions for the next week. I'm totally out of spicy vegetable juice (this is the beverage I used to make my morning drink) the same goes for table grapes and bananas. I become a true believer and having a banana day. I think my daily banana helps me greatly in all levels. But in all honesty I think I just needed to exit the building for a few minutes and put some distance on my chair. I honestly felt the need of celebration. Yesterday I was so constipated or whatever when my staff was here for my “routine” that two suppositories could not even move me. I know TMI oh well. In fact, I had my staff person show up this morning for another go round and finally success! Not successful as I would've liked it enough to get me through till Monday. I can't say that I was elated but I felt safe to be out. I don't know if is an artifact of the Covid reality or my rural upbringing but I think I consider going to the market of form of recreation. Maybe it's just getting out of the road and going here to there I actually made a list today for the market. Oddly I have just slightly less for the personal relationship with many of the staff at the market I frequent. The greengrocer guy, this individual always seems to be there sprucing up the vegetable area. He speaks of the Slavic accent I don't know's name nor his history but I've certainly made up a biography for him. Probably a castaway from the late Soviet bloc somehow coming to America and now working in the vegetable section at Macy's. There's another greengrocer who always seems to be there as well who I think is exasperated that the Slavic's outgoing personality. That I have one or two favorite checkers allows like to go through their aisle if possible. I had to do a lot of replacing of items I've used up. This required me hanging around and trapping people to help me when I can't reach cans very low or items of the top of the aisle like the Sweet and Low. This has a lot of time my shopping but there's nothing else to do and I like the amount. One of those items is getting another couple of cans of jalapeno peppers. I believe a couple posts ago I talked about the morning drink I make from jalapeno pepper juice, apple cider with mother and various spices. I also use the peppers often for my morning meal of a frozen burrito smothered in cheese with crisp chow mein noodles scattered on top of nice crunchy breakfast. I opened my last can of jalapeno peppers this morning and figure I need to get a couple more for the pantry. I actually thought about seeing if I could get them cheaper on the Internet without having to lug the cancel home in my brown Dennis Dahle basket. Which really quite confusing whether Amazon prime is any better than eBay or PayPal. Seems like the same cans are much more expensive on the Internet that the market today is able to get my peppers for less than two dollars a can on the Internet there up to around three or four I don't understand that but I don't try very hard either. I've got a new pitcher of peppers in the footage into cans sitting in the pantry items set and I'm actually thinking of getting a case of peppers If there's another stimulus check. I even splurged today and got two cans of beef tamales by Nalley. This is definitely a guilty treat. If I didn't have hamburger it needs to be cooked I would mix me up a Hispanic dinner of refried beans from a can, tamales from a can also bothered with cheese, jalapeno peppers and cottage cheese but it will just have to wait. Happy Saturday night…TheThe


No comments: