Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Snow Day ESSENTIAL CONSUMER

 



Well were finally getting slammed by winter it seems. I woke to cut the heavy snow falling temperature being cold, freezing cold, the lake effect is the culprit for today's moisture dump. That makes me wonder if the moisture is coming off the lake and then hitting the cold air then freezing and falling the snow – – is this a closed system? – – So even though it looks like a lot of snow is being dumped in the mountains the snow still coming from our depleted water reservoirs which is the lakes i.e. the lake affect. This has really got me scratching my head maybe I need to write an email to the weather guy to see what he says. I finally dragged myself out of bed around 6:30 AM and noted then that snow was beginning to lay down quite picturesquely. Most surprised I had not heard the plows yet been usually by this time for all over our back parking area. If I could walk I would say I padded around the apartment making coffee washing up some dishes and sweeping the floor before my morning staff arrived. She's very conscientious and does a lot of floor sweeping but more importantly's mopping our Swifty and whatever the verb is but I don't want her to think I'm totally abject of housekeeping skills. Little at 8 AM Melanie did call indicating that she would be late which is no surprise to me even in the best of times but I thanked her and got back to mixing my morning drink. Melanie did indicate that the snow was plentiful and none of the road seemed to be plowed and that we should be later than usual. I was not surprised and added jalapeno pepper in a couple ounces of juice for my morning beverage.


Melanie was about a half an hour late which is not bad. She looked like an Arctic adventurer wherein are insulated boots snow pants of the fairly nice parka. She indicated how slow she had to drive and how bad everyone else seemed to be driving . As we were getting me ready for the shower putting me in the sling she indicated that had I not been an essential consumer, “essential consumer” she was considered very strongly of agreeing with her office to stay home and not subject yourself to risk of being out in the storm. But, she informed the office that because I was the essential consumer I needed the services that she was not going to forgo her delivery of those services just because a little snow. At first I thought wow that's a compliment – – I've kind of heard that from other Of my care providers as well. They however added the qualifier that because they really liked me the one to make sure I got my service.


That's pretty interesting had never thought of myself as an “essential consumer”. I guess it's kind of true however I like to believe that I could've gone a day or two without a bowel movement or a shower if needed. I'd figure out something I'm sure. Maybe am just on the borderline of being an essential consumer. I mean there are those out there who need to have their pick lines cleaned or physically fed or just needed to have services one sort or another more so than just me. I guess this would be more essential than I. I'm certainly not going to fight the designation after all I know I'm special…



No comments: