Friday, February 12, 2021

Pull That Red Button

 









My stomachs rumbling tonight and that's kind of spooky. I should've done a bowel movement this morning it's my regular morning. However, when Melanie came and threw the sling on me and got me ready to transfer to the shower chair and toilet to lift was not operable! I couldn't believe it my brand-new, to me, lift was not functioning. That's many disappointments lately particularly of the mechanical nature that at least I wasn't distraught but I was concerned. There is really nothing we could do for today I guess unless I wanted to wait till later on the day when Melanie could come back and that's only if you are able to fix the l




Wednesday when we use the lift last at work just fine. I was a little concerned because I had not charge the batteries in all this week. In my old left I would be in big trouble by now. However, on Wednesday the lift worked great. Yesterday, I almost did plug the batteries in but I eventually blew it off… Silly me. This morning was pretty usual as far as waking up around 6 AM (really doesn't show up till around 8:30 AM). I shaved and picked up the bathroom a little bit, drink the coffee maker on the heat the coffee I had left over from yesterday and washed up a couple of the dishes and pans from yesterday. I made my bed and put out clothes to put on once I'm out of the sho




Needless to say I was disillusioned sitting there strapped up but not being lifted up. We shut down the operation for the day and I sent Melanie on her way to be back tomorrow morning at 8 AM hopefully. I dressed, make breakfast tomorrow to word puzzles and decide to get busy on the project of trying to repair the lift. When my brother picked up the lift they included a plastic bag full of literature regarding the lift. Owners manuals, two or three of them written in Spanish as well as English. I finally found some information but nothing really helpful until I found 800 number on the back of the main owners manual which I called. Surprisingly I found someone who could speak English and did so very well. In my own broken English I conveyed my problems an issue with the nonworking lift and he drew my attention to the red button and asked if I had messed with the red button. I told him I had not. (The word “Emergency, release”. I assume that if you're in the left and it's up in the air and all sudden stops working you can push that button or pull an the lift will lower you down. I stopped when over to the lift looked at the button and it looked as if the button had been pushed him. I've not noticed this before. I pulled the red button out it came and I tried the lift and sure enough it worked like a champ. I was saved I did not have to spend the rest of my day figuring out how I was going to get my business done tomorrow when Melanie returns – – I hope she returns. I hope she remembers but then that's anxiety for tomorrow…wer.ift.

No comments: